Spyderco – Warning on box?

oupa

BANNED
Spyderco should put a warning on their boxes.
Something like this:

“WARNING! These knives are addictive and may overturn your knife prejudices”.

I say this because, like I said before, I always looked on Spyderco knives as butt ugly.
Now I got one and………..
1. I am beginning to like the look of it
2. I no longer think Zytel type handles are all that inferior
3. I no longer reject serrated edged knives out of hand
4. I may even consider linerlocks again
5. I have convinced myself that I MUST have a Lum Chinese (If only I could find someone to trade with!)

It sounds like the Spyder virus has infected another victim. :D

Beware oupa, once the Spyder has you, there is no turning back....

P.S.-I just got a green Lum Chinese this past weekend. I HIGHLY recommend it. It's one of my most beautiful Spydies, second only to my custom engraved Endura SS.:)

Originally posted by KBR
It's one of my most beautiful Spydies, second only to my custom engraved Endura SS.:)

KBR, where did you get the knife engraved? I would love to get my Endura SS engraved. Does this artist do anything, or does he have a limited set of images to work from?

Originally posted by komondor

KBR, where did you get the knife engraved? I would love to get my Endura SS engraved. Does this artist do anything, or does he have a limited set of images to work from?
get your image or choose the ones they have already and ask glasshartt@aol.com
I'm planning to have a custom engraved Endura SS triplets going too.

komondor, my Endura SS was laser engraved by the great folks at the Spyderco factory.

There was a post in the other Spydie forum, at the Spyderco website, by Glasshartt(a Spyderco dealer) to see if anyone would be interested in engraved SS Delicas and Enduras. The more orders that she received, the more reasonable the prices. On one side, the Spyder bug was etched on a web extending from the handle to part of the blade. On the clip side, you had the option of having your initials engraved on the blade.

Bear in mind that this was a while back, although, currently she is taking orders for custom engraved SS Natives.:D

Originally posted by KBR
On the clip side, you had the option of having your initials engraved on the blade.
You know if I could get the engraving done on the clip side without the clip holes being drilled on it?
I got this big plan that I have and I don't really want the holes for the clip on the Endura SS.

komondor, FYI, you can email Glasshartt at glasshartt@aol.com if you'd like some more info.

calyth, sorry but I don't know about getting an Endura SS without the clip holes. You would probably need to call the Spyderco factory for an answer to this one. (800-525-7770)

Originally posted by KBR
calyth, sorry but I don't know about getting an Endura SS without the clip holes. You would probably need to call the Spyderco factory for an answer to this one. (800-525-7770)
I've sent an email asking Linda whether it's possible not to have the clip screws being drilled.

Back