Spyderco 2021 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

This thread being dead is sad but this just landed. The marbled carbon fiber is really nice and worth the extra money IMO.

sRlBHb8.jpeg

That looks really good.
I hope mine looks that good when it gets here !
Nice buy !
I bought 2 because I'm a crazy PM2 collector and the scales on this one looked better (shinier) than the other so it's my user. I almost didn't buy 2 of this one but the combo was really enticing to me.

I've been doing these “Spyderco Delivered & Upcoming Lists” since 2015 (7 years) and 2021 was the last year. Buddafucco will be taking over but only on the Spyderco Forum and not on BladeForums or USN. See thread link below:

Thanks for all your updates through the years. There's a lot of Spyderco special runs that I never would have known about if it wasn't in your thread.

Setting aside jokes about the Stovepipe, I'm excited to see both more Wharncliffe versions of knives and MagnaCut working its way into the line-up.

The continued use of 8Cr13Mov on the low end is disappointing here, especially with rising prices. I know the 2022 line-ups from Kershaw and CRKT also include overpriced 8Cr13Mov. Being such an innovator and pushing ahead with fun new steels on the higher end, I hate to see Spyderco falling so far behind Chinese brands on the low end. Luckily, Sal has confirmed that Spyderco is exploring a steel upgrade for their bottom line. He didn't say much other than 9Cr18Mov is on the table. Even with an average heat treatment, that'd be enough of an upgrade to put some new models onto the table for me.

RamZar RamZar : Thanks for posting the Shot Show 2022 - New Release Video above.

The Stovepipe is getting a lot of sh*t in a couple of threads in the General Discussion sub-forum.

See: Spyderco Stovepipe $420????? and Mini/Folding Cleavers. Why?

The price and photos of it on Spyderco's website don't do it any favors but looking at in in the New Release video (starting at about 12:42) it looks better. At $420 MAP, I'm certainly not a fan. At $300 OpFocus pricing I'm a bit more interested but I still doubt that I'd buy it even at that price.

On the other hand, talk of a planned LW Manix 2 w/screw-together construction and MagnaCut steel (starting at about 6:45) should also get the Manix2 fans very excited.

Last edited:
The Stovepipe CPM-20CV Stonewashed Blade Stonewashed Titanium R.I.L. C260TIP (Taiwan) for $420.00 is really nice even though it's pricier, heavier, wider and thicker than I'd like. What's notable is that it has a nice heavy stonewashed finish all over, contoured titanium, machined titanium clip, titanium backspacer, decorative pivot, no stupid lanyard hole and no ugly extra clip holes all over the place (just tip-up right-side carry). There’s no steel lockbar interface but apparently there’s no lock stick. It’s not worth $420 but if it was the good old pre-MAP days (pre-2016) when I could get Spydercos for 45%-50% off MSRP I’d probably oblige. I’d never carry it because it’s too wide for my pockets.

C260TIP_Both.png

That, plus I prefer to take things apart for a dye bath.
Agreed. Even when I tried it with the knife intact, and even with H1, it just didn't sit right with me and I ended up taking the blade out and giving everything a thorough drying afterwards. And that was with a simple backlock. Also, I'm just fine with Salt Yellow because I can turn it into this

pI1ZQMY.jpg

I want the s90v yojumbo bad!!!!! I need info on when and where!!!!

Agreed. Even when I tried it with the knife intact, and even with H1, it just didn't sit right with me and I ended up taking the blade out and giving everything a thorough drying afterwards. And that was with a simple backlock. Also, I'm just fine with Salt Yellow because I can turn it into this
That looks awesome. Did you just do two separate dye baths?

Back