Spyderco Clothing Accessories?

Well damnit. Like all my good ideas, someone already came up with it first.
wink.gif

Mike

Natural colored T-shirt with the "All Gods Critters.." painting on the back, no pocket.

Polo, Black with other colored collar(maybe steel gray or something understaed but classy, gold?). Embroidery at breast, 1st line Spyderco 2nd lineEnd Line User

T black, big spyder on back, Spyderco incorporated in Spyder, small Spyder on front

------------------
Check out the future possible Spyderco Worker 2000 www.bladeforums.com/ubb/Forum20/HTML/000224.html

One may want to keep an Eye out for my review of the Bob Kasper designed, Kevin Gentile modified AFCK and interview of Bob Kasper. Sorry about the wait, my review and interview should be online shortly, luckily Spark has graciously offered to do the pictures, look for it right here at BladeForums.com.

Marion David Poff ska Eye, one can msg me at mdpoff@hotmail.com

"A journey of a thousand miles begins but with a single step" Lao-Tzu

[This message has been edited by Marion David Poff (edited 13 April 1999).]

If you do a cap, make certain that it fits a 24.5" head! I also HATE those damned one-size-fits all straps on the back.

As for a shirt, a pocket tee with the Spyder logo on it and, on the back, the "All God's Critters Got Knives" logo with a suitable picture with various carnivore and herbivore critters on it.

------------------
Walk in the Light,
Hugh

[This message has been edited by FullerH (edited 14 April 1999).]

I second Hugh's comment about the hats. I'm a big fella and wear a 7 7/8 or 8 size hat. I have a closet full of caps that people have given me that don't fit. If James Mattis ever invites me to go to Synagogue (sp?) I'll be ready, but they don't make it for everyday use.
wink.gif

------------------
Paul
Keep Em Sharp

Hi Coronach and Paul.
The tie clipit does exsit. I bought mine (steel)at cutlery shoppe in 1990. There were two variations avaliable stag and abalone. They are lockbacks (frontlock) with a real spyderhole to open them. The blade lenght is 1 1/2" and is made from G-2.

I hope mentioning the name of a retailer is not against the rules.

Who'd a thunk it?

I still think that an actual tie bar (no knife) would be a great idea. Just take a 100% real Spyderco pocket clip and replace the knife it is attached to with a tie-bar like clasp.

Or has that been done, too?

Mike

------------------
Hey! Uncle Sam!

(_!_) Nyah nyah nyah!

Refund! You lose! :)

While I don' t think $18 is too much for an embroidered shirt, perhaps DANO' s suggestion of having it made available thru the forums is a good idea.
Black Spyder logo on the front and "All God' s Critters..." on the back of a grey t- shirt is my preference.

L8r,
Nakano

------------------
"To earn a million is easy, a real friend is not."

How about Mike and Spark selling this Spydie Stuff through the Forum Store. It would help support the sight, and give us direct access to stuff we really want. Maybe we could start with the hats, I know I want one. My poor old head gets cold.
wink.gif

------------------
LD
"Every Dog Has His Day"

What happened near you all yesterday got me thinking. First, I hope that none of your families were involved, and, if so, that they are ok.

Now, if you make a t-shirt, for God's sake, gives us a choice other than black!

------------------
Walk in the Light,
Hugh

Double post deleted

[This message has been edited by FullerH (edited 21 April 1999).]

Sal, I've got a nice black tee that I picked up a couple years back at Chesapeake Knife and Tool with their logo on the front and the Spyderco All God's Critters Have Knives ad on the back. I could sure use a few more.

phantom4

------------------
who dares, wins

On the subject of tie clips or tie bars or whatever you want to call them:
I only saw a photo of the stainless steel model (fully working mini-lockback with a gold Spyderco logo if I remember correctly) about five years ago.

Dear Sal,
Please, please, please, make another batch of them (or at least find one for me in the back of your closet!)

Costas

Costas - I spoke with the original maker of the "Tie Clipits" (that is where the tooling was located). Spoke to him about making more (we were discussing a bladeforums version). He said they were too difficult to make and he would prefer not to make them again.

We spoke with another maker, who just happened to be thinking that he would like to try to make some "Tie Clipits". The same maker is making the Mini Police necklace. I'm sure his crew has the skill. We're waiting on a proto.
sal

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sign me up!

By the way, since it will be a novelty item, not to be sold in large quantities, would you consider using some high quality steel for the blade, just for the sake of it? Of course the cost will go up, but anyway whoever buys this knife will not be looking for the most cost-efficient knife.

Anyway, thank you again, not only for an excellent product but for an excellent attitude towards the ELU.

Costas

I would like to see a black baseball cap with gold logo, front and back no problem.

As for the T-shirt, XXX-large, red or grey without pockets and with the Spyderco logo.

BTW, how about those Military Man T-shirts?
biggrin.gif

------------------
*Norse Knife Nut*

"Military" Fans Unite!!

"The only limitation is lack of imagination."

Costas - We would use at least AUS-8, probably ATS34 or 55 or? At any rate, it would be a quality steel.
sal

sal, sign me up for a mini police. tie clip, well ok but i seldome wear a tie. necklace, well that'd be nice too. but a full on working police, but tiny, would make me a happy guy.

a nice t shirt would be nice too. i like no pocket, white or natural, small logo left brest, large in back.

(maby a front pocket with silk screening that looks like a clipit in the pocket, knife printed inside pocket on shirt, clip printed outside pocket. too cheezy?)

Danelle - when this thread stops, please print out copies for Michelle, Steve, Gail and I. Lot of good ideas here. Thanx.
sal

You betcha, will do. They did get a copy of this Wed, but I will watch the thread...anyone else wanna play clothing designer for a day or two?

Danelle

Back in Louisville, Kentucky, there's a store called Quest Outdoors. They do a pretty lively business selling their tshirts, which has their store symbol and name on the front, and "Climb Every Mountain" on the back. It seems like everyone in Louiville has one of these shirts in one color or another (I have 4 but that's another story).

Anyhow, I think that a Spyderco shirt with the same simplicity to it would also do well. Put a small version of the Bug on the front, with Spyderco next to it, and a Big Version of if on the back, all by itself. Make the shirt in a variety of colors:
White with Blue Bug/Writing,
Black w/White Bug/writing (or Blue Bug again,
Light Grey w/Blue Bug/writing,
Green w/Gold Bug/writing,

etc, etc etc. You get the picture, but I think you'll find white/grey shirts to be the fastest sellers.

The current ball cap designs are cool, I also like the black cap idea with the offset bug, and having "All God's Critters have knives..." embroidered on the back.

Is there any talk about Polarfleece pullovers/vests with Spyderco + The Bug on the left breast? They would look nice too....

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com

Insert witty quip here

Back