Spyderco Police 4 LW K390 in CT

Can anyone provide clarity on CT knife laws? The Spyderco Police has a blade length on 4.38” but the sharpened portion is on 3.97”. Connecticut law states that carrying any knife with a blade longer than four inches is illegal. Is its total metal length or sharpened?

Overall Length
9.97" (253mm)
Blade Length
4.38" (111mm)
Steel
K390
Closed Length
5.64" (143mm)
Edge Length
3.97" (101mm)
Weight
4.2oz (119g)
Blade Thickness
0.118" (3.0mm)
Handle
FRN
Clip Position
Ambi
Tip Carry Position
4-position
Lock Type
Back Lock
Grind
Full-Flat
Sheath
N/A
Origin
Japan

There's the law and how police interpret it. Personally, I wouldn't carry any knife with a blade length of 4" or more, even if the edged portion is less. With some of the recent stories of how police have been treating pistol permit holders who have done nothing wrong legally, I doubt they'll be on the side of knife carriers.

Defending yourself in court can get very expensive.

I have been carrying a Police 4 K390 for the last couple of days. My state also says 4" blade max. I dont think a cop will make much fuss about it unless Im robbing the local 7-11 but theres always a Barney Fife out there.

Back in the day, after Deer hunting all day, we would stop at the local bar and all of us had fixed blades on our side. No one said or thought anything of it.

Also when I was in high school it was nothing for us to have a shotgun hanging in the back truck window in the parking lot to go hunting after school.

My how the times have changed, only the criminals have rights today

My state s 4 inch knife law keeps me from getting a Resilience in s35vn, which I really would like have.

In my state, any means of conveyance ( bicycle) is considered and extension of your home, in which you can conceal carry any kind of knife and firearm, as long as you're not a prohibited person or within a prohibited place. So really in spite of all said in my favor, I do carry a fixed blade knife concealed with a blade length of 3.25", just to be on the safe side of the law in case it ever became an actual issue in court. I feel pretty much safely legal concealed, on or off my means of conveyance.

Back