Spyderco saves the day

Just a quick story to share...
Sat. night two of the dogs were playing "grab-ass". As luck would have it one dog managed to get his bottom jaw and canines hooked and caught underneath the other critters collar...they were not coming loose.
Fortunately, I had a Pacific Salt in my pocket and with a very careful 2 or 3 strokes the offending collar was cut and alleviated the problem. No dog bites were inflicted, upon human or canine, but a nice cut 1" was sustained beneath the eye of a curious and too close investigating on-looker upon the stroke of the first collar slicing attempt.
All in all, none are any worse for wear and a fine rollicking and romping good time was had by all today.
Point being...the Pacific Salt and its rather sharp sheepsfoot style blade performed impeccably, although surely not as its intended design purpose.
Two thumbs up for Spyderco!

wsyocum said:
...and with a very careful 2 or 3 strokes the offending collar was cut and alleviated the problem....

Great job.......however you need a sharper knife :)

That bad boy should go through with one slice. Unless you're talking about a leather collar.

Fisher,
That SOB is shaving sharrp!
However, when you have a 60 lb. dog pulling against a 50 lb. dog and that dadgum collar was tighter than a nun's habit...2-3 strokes were truly necessary. Damn, it took great effort to just worm one finger underneath...and remember, I didn't get bit!
If it had been just one stroke needed then woooo!...what a braggarts story!
Thanks for the feedback. :p

Back