SpydeRench problems?

Has anyone had any difficulties with the SpydeRench? Mine is very inconvienent to use as the file attachment that holds the bits in storage is a real bear to insert or remove from it's home. As I see it the problem lies in the spring. When the file seats in the spring, the spring rides out and up on the shoulder of the file shaft and causes the spring to bind making it very difficult to use. Just wondering if mine is simply a defective one or if it seems to be a design flaw?
Thanks, Phrede

The first trick is inserting the file properly. There's only one orientation that works correctly.

Insert the flat head end into the spring, and have the flat file facing the driver bits. If this doesn't clear up your problem, you may have to look a little further.

------------------
AKTI Member #A000832

"A man's got to know his limitations." - Dirty Harry

Phrede - We did have a few show up with a problem with the spring bending out of spec which prompted a design change in the spring to avoid the possible problem.

Sorry for the problem. We try to catch all of the glitches in a new item, but some always sneak in. Probably ought to contact Angela in "Problem solving" and let us sort it out for you.

sal

Thanks Sal, I'll get in contact with Angela. This forum is truley an asset for all us Spydie lovers out here. It has never been easier to get prompt and definitive answers to any of our questions concerning your fine products!

Thank you, Phrede

BTTT
I am adding this post just to make everyone see - we get answers 4 hours after posting a question! some manufacturares would love to be able to do that in four days (or weeks..)

Back