• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Stabilized Spalted Maple Burl Blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread has been closed. Please see explanation at the end of this thread. Sorry.

These blocks have burl figure from edge to edge. They are stabilized using a dry vacuum pressure system and resinol 90c. Photos show the wood dampened. The block numbers go from left to right. (477, 478, 479) Just post the number of which ones you want. Free shipping in the US.

#477 $35 5.75"x 2"x1&1/8"
#478 $40 6.75"x 2"x 1&1/8"
#479 $40 6.5"x 2"x 1&1/8"

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 1b.jpg
    1b.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 255
  • 1c.jpg
    1c.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 1d.jpg
    1d.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
These blocks would be great for oversized fighters or bowies. Cut extra large. Everywhere you look there is dramatic 3 dimensional burl figuring. The spalting gives just enough contrast to make these blocks noticeable from a distance. Perfect pieces for high end knives.

I figured I better give an explanation for the closing of this thread.
The forum has made some changes, or clarifications in their sellers policy for the forum. To the best of my understanding this makes me a dealer. Since I offer the knife handle wood as a sideline from my day job and do this at my own expense. I will have to wait until I can afford to pay for the upgrade to dealer status before I can resume offering wood for sale through the forum.

I will continue to enjoy the forum as a platinum member. You guys have given a lot of good advice and a ton of encouragement that is greatly appreciated. I will continue the Knife Makers Directory and webstore on my website.

Thanks again to everybody. It's been fun.
Your friend, Mark

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back