Stalker

Just recieved my Stalker today. It's a very beautiful knive, nice looking handle, very nice leather sheath. Came pretty sharp out of the box. My only concern is the thickness, it's pretty light in weight as well. How do these knives stand up to pressure, lots of hard work (cutting wood, etc....)? Thanks ROSarms.

I prefer the thin blades. Most US market knives are far to thick and then they never cut well. If you look at my current favourite knife the Sppyderco Mule it also has a similar thickness. So long as they use good steel which from all accounts Roasarms is you can run your knives a lot thinner.

Another thing I like is Rosarms uses a hollow grind which is the sharpest kind but has fallen out of favour in the US for stronger but less sharp ones like convex. Again so long as you use good steel and heat treat it is fine.

Remember knives are for cutting. There are also knives designed more as entry tools but that is a different type of knife. Look at how strong a thin Mora made of cheap steel is?

Knives are for cutting.

My friend did a cutting test and found out that thin knives can cut much more boxes then thick knife without resharpening even his thick knife (about 4mm) was a bit harder (around 60 Rc).

Back