Photos Stanley Axes, Hatchets, Tools - Show & Tell

I just brought these home and as I was taking the picture thought about gathering all the Stanley's, I can remember I have scattered everywhere and taking a family portrait.
Some of my Stanley have sentimental value, others came with a little story, the rest just to me.
I will start it off with this recent Stanley catch, rescues over the last few weeks...

20180728_080054.jpg

And I am most proud to have this set up here...

20180628_184752.jpg

I will try to gather all the Stanley I can find and take one picture...but we shall see how that goes. I have a linesman hatchet somewhere...lol!
Till then, let's see what ya got:thumbsup:

Nothing too old or fancy, but they all get the job done.

I especially like this DOE wrench set, I believe they may have been made by Dowidat.
They're pretty much the same exact wrenches common to car kits , but of course imported by Stanley.

I like that saw HnS and oh yeah...I remeber that red ball pein. Still looking good!

I just remembered the Stanley screwdrivers too.
Maybe I have a little more Stanley than I have been keeping track of..?o_O

I like that saw HnS and oh yeah...I remeber that red ball pein. Still looking good!

I just remembered the Stanley screwdrivers too.
Maybe I have a little more Stanley than I have been keeping track of..?o_O
I've got another Stanley screwdriver I forgot about.
I've also got a couple precision screwdriver sets as well as a hacksaw, but it's modern CHINA stuff so I didn't include it with the good stuff ( they work, but they're like red headed step children )

Btw I rarely use that saw which was my grandfathers, the handle is too fat an uncomfortable but I don't really feel like reshaping it.

Last edited:
I've got another Stanley screwdriver I forgot about.
I've also got a couple precision screwdriver sets as well as a hacksaw, but it's modern CHINA stuff so I didn't include it with the good stuff ( they work, but they're like red headed step children )

Btw I rarely use that saw which was my grandfathers, the handle is too fat an uncomfortable but I don't really feel like reshaping it.

I better get my act together and have a gathering of Stanley to take a pic or two.

I see looking more closely at the saw handle...I might not be able to fit my sausages comfortably thru the handle lol!
It looks great though and if she is a solid ripper I might hollow that portion out a bit for personal comfort...maybe, if needed.

dWH3FbC.jpg
IzlT79E.jpg
niTgmut.jpg
4CmLUhS.jpg
UXkKZvi.jpg

here's a few i'v found and haven't posted, the handyman it one of the older ones and is in great condition, you can see the paint on the chip breaker is still magnificent.
the first brace is a 624 i believe from the late 50's and the second is my sweetheart.

then there's just my no. 295 surform, use it all the time and i'd recommend it to anyone

The ones i use the most,the yellow handled knife i got in a molded case with two others and a cutting board about 8 years ago best kitchen knives ever.

My most used Stanley's. I have went through an untold number of these through the years. A couple tools that should never go away.

There's a few mechanics tools, a bevel gauge, and two squares M.I.A. but this is most of mine. Please excuse this mods, but if anyone needs any of the parts on the table for one of your planes, p.m. me.
DSC_0671.jpg

DSC_0672.jpg

DSC_0673.jpg
didnt know that eggbeater drill was a stanley, i have the same one

That is a "Prime" example of Stanley going the extra mile:
30331741108_67defbe570.jpg

When 32' isn't enough quite enough, but 34' is a little too much :)
When I got this one their 35' had some issues with retracting, especially in wet weather. They knew this. Maybe they still do?
I have also noticed the box to write measurements is missing on a lot of today's Stanley's.

My most used Stanley's. I have went through an untold number of these through the years. A couple tools that should never go away.

I've always preferred the 25'. I never took to the Fat Max because I don't like the shape/feel of it. The longer tapes seem to develop issues. The new 25's seem to have thinner gauge steel in the blade than they used to back in the 80's and 90's.

And I don't care about the box to write in because I use these stick-on laminate scratch pads. They work great!

https://www.amazon.com/Carpenters-Scratch-Pad-Tape/dp/B00309MYAW

I never new about the blocked area being for noting measurements.

I could never use that small area lol! I need a scrap board to write it down with my dull pencil LOL!

I do have this NOS I forgot about in a drawer...

20180824_010651.jpg

20180824_010704.jpg

20180824_010651.jpg

I have a hunch Stanley will continue popping up here in the house and garage for a long while yet:D

There's a few mechanics tools, a bevel gauge, and two squares M.I.A. but this is most of mine. Please excuse this mods, but if anyone needs any of the parts on the table for one of your planes, p.m. me.
DSC_0671.jpg

DSC_0672.jpg

DSC_0673.jpg

I really like that Stanley no 112 and no 75... I use my 75 all the time. Would those be along the same lines as the plane parts??

Back