Starmate......WHEN?

Sal,Danelle,or anyone..Are these out yet? If not when can we get one...Will they be tip up or down..G-10 440v,with a steel clip??? Can you fill me in! Any pictures out there? Thanx Bart

Bartman --

c55_bob_terzuola.gif

for more info http://www.spyderco.com/knife/cat_cc55.html ...

That is a great looking knife. Glad to see Spyderco has a staight design rather than the more usual downward rake of the blade from the handle. Looks like a stronger tip with the drop point design too.

Minor changes/options I would like to see would be a black clip for more discreet carry, and the return of the reversible clip
(as on the prior Sypderco/Terzuola knife discontinued) permitting tip up, or tip down carry. The scale was drilled and tapped at each end, a super idea, as I generally prefer tip up carry.

I think this knife may turn out to be another major success story!

Titan - thanx for the pic. Nicely done.

Ron4 - The deviation in design is one of the advantages of Custom Makers designing factory knives. We will consider the adjustment of tip up & tip down carry option. I believe black clips are already under consideration.
sal

Sal -- another vote for a tip-up carry version of the Starmate! This is how Bob does his custom knives and it is a great system on his design!

Any of them make it out the door yet?

--Doug

I vote for tip down carry! How you guys can get the knives into your hands w/ tip up clips is beyond me...It's just all wrong! I guess we're gonna start seeing Spydercos with holes drilled left, right, top and bottom now, huh? I really wanna get my hands on the Starmate, even though I generally dislike linerlock mechanisms. This one looks awesome!

I am also desperately awaiting the starmate. I want the starmate to replace my Bob Terzuola C 15 (first model)which is my daily carry knife.

Manufacturers should make tip-up liner locks if they are completely confident that the ball-bearing detent in every specimen will give the blade a "speed bump" that prevents unintended opening.

Customers should buy tip-up liner locks if they are the sort of folks who will write letters praising the edge for its surgical sharpness after they find it with their fingers.

------------------
- JKM
www.chaicutlery.com

As much as I like tip-up, I take it either way (so to speak), as long as the clip allows the knife to sit deeply in the pocket.

I like Microtech's Soccom, but the clip has the knife sitting so high out of your pocket that not only does it advertise itself to everyone within a mile, it seems to hit the car door, etc, all the time.

The _only_ gripe I really have for the Military (and I have 4 of them!) is that the clip is mounted so that a lot of knife is sticking out of the pocket.

--Doug

Hey internet buddies,

I notice so many people like tip-up carry, I do as well except on the Spyderco Military. I find with tip-up, I simply place my thumb in the hole, pull the knife from my pocket, and flick the handle down, this is the fastest I can deploy the blade. This does not work with tip-up carry for me.
As far as clip placement and color are concerned regarding concealment, I think it is a matter of choice. I'd rather not have a confrontation. I like the idea that some potential mugger may pass me by if he notices my knife. My .02
keep up the good work.
Nick

Hay, Sal- any idea as to the MSRP on this one? Us poor people have to start rolling pennies *sometime* soon
smile.gif

------------------
smile.gif
Tell me what you need, and I'll tell you how to get along without it.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Christian (edited 13 April 1999).]

Will SpyderCo be at the BladShow? And, will they have a Starmate for fondling?

Dirk - yes and yes and a few other "Concept" knives and prototypes to get opinions on.
sal

My Lord, that's a good-looking knife, even with the wart on the spine
wink.gif

Sal, what do you consider the design "best" for? I see a belly and a drop point that says "hunter" to me.

Back