starting fire when wood is wet is simple

Status
Not open for further replies.
when you have a large roll of duct tape. and know what to do. You use the saw edge of the shovel to cut five 10" long logs out of a dead standing 4" OD tree. You quarter split on of the logs and split off the sharp, dry interior corners. You can split the wood by starting saw kerfs on the ends of the logs, then baton wooden wedges into those kerfs. You convert the interior splits into shavings and feather sticks. You shave off the wet bark/wood 1/3rd of the way around the exterior of the 4 other logs. You use the snare wire to bundle those 4 logs, with the shaved sides towards the center of the bundle. you stuff the shavings into the center of the bundle. You take your coal, drop it into a nest made of narrow strips of tape. They flame up fast and hot. You take a roll of the tape and ignite one end. It burns hot, and lasts a long time. It will ignite the shavings in one end of the Alternative Swedish torch. Hold the bundle up, horizontal in the breezes, or fan it with your hat, untll flames come out of the other end of the Swede. then you set the swede upright, on 3 small stones or hunks of wood, so air can get under it. The swede swifly ignites the ends of the Siberian fire lay, even if it''s wet, especially if it's already charred and undercut by the previous fire you made with those logs.

Now, do you also need to know how to get the coal? You can do it with the flare, with the battery from the head lamp, with a big pump drill, by fire-rolling a strip of your shemagh, with rust from the shovel as an accellerant . bury your coals in the ashes and they will be re-ignitable for 12 hours.

when you have a large roll of duct tape. and know what to do. You use the saw edge of the shovel to cut five 10" long logs out of a dead standing 4" OD tree. You quarter split on of the logs and split off the sharp, dry interior corners. You can split the wood by starting saw kerfs on the ends of the logs, then baton wooden wedges into those kerfs. You convert the interior splits into shavings and feather sticks. You shave off the wet bark/wood 1/3rd of the way around the exterior of the 4 other logs. You use the snare wire to bundle those 4 logs, with the shaved sides towards the center of the bundle. you stuff the shavings into the center of the bundle. You take your coal, drop it into a nest made of narrow strips of tape. They flame up fast and hot. You take a roll of the tape and ignite one end. It burns hot, and lasts a long time. It will ignite the shavings in one end of the Alternative Swedish torch. Hold the bundle up, horizontal in the breezes, or fan it with your hat, untll flames come out of the other end of the Swede. then you set the swede upright, on 3 small stones or hunks of wood, so air can get under it. The swede swifly ignites the ends of the Siberian fire lay, even if it''s wet, especially if it's already charred and undercut by the previous fire you made with those logs.

Now, do you also need to know how to get the coal? You can do it with the flare, with the battery from the head lamp, with a big pump drill, by fire-rolling a strip of your shemagh, with rust from the shovel as an accellerant . bury your coals in the ashes and they will be re-ignitable for 12 hours.
But what if the wood is wet? Won't that make the fire hard to start?

i
But what if the wood is wet? Won't that make the fire hard to start?
'
are you really that ignorant? the center of the logs is NOT wet. that's why you split off the interior parts of the quartered log and use them to make the shavings. By shaving off the wet wood of the other logs, the Swede burns from the inside out, drying out the rest of the wood as it progresses. The swede then dries out and burns the protruding ends of the Siberian

i

'
are you really that ignorant? the center of the logs is NOT wet. that's why you split off the interior parts of the quartered log and use them to make the shavings. By shaving off the wet wood of the other logs, the Swede burns from the inside out, drying out the rest of the wood as it progresses. The swede then dries out and burns the protruding ends of the Siberian

Good luck doing that with your Cold Steel shovel. LOL Criminy.

i

'

By that last statement, I'd say your attempt to illuminate is powered by a dim bulb.

Good luck doing that with your Cold Steel shovel. LOL Criminy.
just cause you dontknow how to make 8" of real deal saw teeth on the shovel, and keep them sharp with one of the file blades of the Crunch, does not mean that I suffer from your ignorance, sonny. You start saw kerfs on the ends of the logs and baton wooden wedges into the kerfs. With dead wood, it splits easily.

just cause you dontknow how to make 8" of real deal saw teeth on the shovel, and keep them sharp with one of the file blades of the Crunch, does not mean that I suffer from your ignorance, sonny. You start saw kerfs on the ends of the logs and baton wooden wedges into the kerfs. With dead wood, it splits easily.

You keep using the phrase "Just cause you don't know how" without realizing that I DO know how, your plans are just not smart. I already told you that I would be leaving the hammock and beef jerky at home, and bringing actual tools and critical survival equipment. I'd leave the cute tricks for Youtube.

Hold on, I think this guy just wants us to watch his terrible videos. No thanks. :thumbsdown:

Tick tock D dahlia ...

Your time here is short.

Wanna bet $1000 to $10000???

We'll let Quiet Quiet hold the funds and keep %30 of the losers cash.

:rolleyes:
no, quiet is one of you ignoramuses. You think I'm as stupid as you are. Let's let Les Stroud, Dave Canterbury, Cody Lundin, hold the money. somebody with a reputation to uphold, instead of some stupid nobody like "quiet".

no, quiet is one of you ignoramuses. You think I'm as stupid as you are. Let's let Les Stroud, Dave Canterbury, Cody Lundin, hold the money. somebody with a reputation to uphold, instead of some stupid nobody like "quiet".

Reported.

cry to mommy, punk. she'll kiss it and you can go to your safe space and cry some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back