Status of SE BF D-2 Sifus?

It was last reported that the D-2 blades were ready but the handles were not. Anything new to report? New estimated shipping date?

Sorry toothed. I guess you saw a response and figured it might be an official reply. Nope. Just me.

I can't help but feel like a nervous investor with a volatile stock.

As an investor, should I hold it (my pre-order on the SE Sifu) or sell (get a Microtech LCC, or hunt for a Gunting).

Hi FTC, it's nice to know that there still are people out here with a pulse.

Seems like the interest in the SE BF Sifu's have died down considerably.
frown.gif

BTW do you know if the D2 Sifu's with the regular handles are already shipping? How do I order one of these (D2 Sifu with the regular handle)?

I'm in the same boat as you.

All my info is coming from this board which is as lively as an Amish funeral (no offense to the Amish). Compare this to the Spyderco forum where Sal Glesser answers questions frequently.

I only know as much as you probably do; that supposedly, everything depends on when REKAT gets their D-2 blades and SE handles.

If the D-2 blades arrive first, then the regular grip ones come out first and the SE version will have to wait.

I don't mean to "diss" REKAT as I know they are very small company. However, "no news is bad news" in business.

That is, when you don't see much activity -- such as products being late to market, and their dead website -- it is usually a sign that everything isn't going too smoothly.

I to would like to know whats going on with these knives. Since it was my understanding that they were supposed to be ready by Dec 1 and yet we have heard nothing. Please someone who knows let everyone else know what is going on.

My original understanding was they were supposed to be shipping early November, but there were delays getting the speical handles. So now it's early December, and the regular handled D2 blades should be shipping soon. I'd change my order to a regular D2, but the finger grooves are cut all wrong for me. But if this keeps up, I may change anyway and grind the grooves off myself.

Tom

Tom,

I may cancel altogether if this keeps up! I'm don't mind waiting -- even for another month or more if it's going to be a great knife.

It's the lack of official response which bothers me. There's no info coming from REKAT, or Mike Turber and the Blade Forums shop. It's just standard business etiquette to let your customers know what's happening when you are unable to deliver by the estimated shipping date.

It might be better to purchase other knives I would like at this time (like a Gunting), and buy the D-2 Sifu (either grooved or grooveless) handles when they become available.

First of all, let me say that I am new to Rekat products, so I am not entirely sure what makes them a favorite. I am a big fan of D2, though. I am also new to the knife business--I have been a collector and user for 30 years but I am just trying my hand at selling what I think people want. And judging by these forums, I can conclude that if Rekat can provide the finished product, you folks will buy. I can deliver D2 Carnivores, but my distributer is also in the dark about the D2 Sifus and Carnivore Cubs. If any of you want me to contact you when I can get them, let me know via e-mail.
Regards,
Barry Haugen

Just got word on the D2 Sifu blades to day. The first batch are on there way to W.E. Birdsong for Black T finish we re keeping our fingers crossed that they get done be for there Christmas shut down. The blades got there late from the grinder the enhanced D2 was lot harder to grind than ATS 34. If the blades get done be for the shut down the knives should be shipping out by the end of the month I won’t know on this one for a few days. I will post any updates as soon as I get them.
Bob Brothers

Bob,

Thanks for the info. Please don't take it personally if some of us -- I'm especially guilty -- of being impatient.

I know it is extremely difficult being a small company trying to manufacture exceptional products. Having to pay bills, field customer service calls, contact suppliers, etc., this board is probably the last thing on your mind. In addition, you certainly don't want to rush an inferior product to the market.

Hopefully, you can keep us informed a bit more regularly to prevent us from getting antsy.
smile.gif

Bob, thank you for the update. I guess Santa will have to find other presents for all of the good boys on his list.

I agree with FTC's comment that it's better for us to wait a while longer so the knife can be made right.

Hi All,
Well the shot show has come and gone. Some real nice pictures and info on allot of new knives.
Has anyone heard anything on the D2E SE Sifus? I found no mention recently, so I thought I would BTTT

I talked to Mike at 1SKS yesterday on another matter but learned that Rekat may be shipping some Sifu's to 1SKS on 1/19/01. I guess 1SKS will need some time, in turn, to process their orders.

I forgot to ask for specific info like what handle style, color blade, etc. because I was so excited when he confirmed that my order will be fulfilled. That was all I needed to know--now I can wait a little longer with no problems.
biggrin.gif
I didn't intend to steal 1SKS' thunder (announcing the status of the SE Sifu's) by this post but I'm sure alot of fans out here are waiting "on edge." My guess is that Mike will be posting something soon about their shipping schedule.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by toothed:
I talked to Mike at 1SKS yesterday on another matter but learned that Rekat may be shipping some Sifu's to 1SKS on 1/19/01. </font>

Thanks for the info, and doing the research Toothed.

Let's hope they can make the schedule as I've joked at another thread that REKAT's deadline dates are often equivalent to dog years!

In addition, if I understand correctly, the first ones will be grooveless, Black-T coated Sifus. The other orders will have to wait. Can anyone verify this?

We will be shipping Mike Turber BlackT SE Sifu's with the factory letters and serial numbers within a day. These are going to come in as built so the first twenty or so of the SE will be there late this week or early next week. This is the number one priorty at REKAT to get this project finished.We expect it will be completed by the first week in Febuary. Sorry for the delays.

Christina Montero

Is there any idea when you will start shipping the satin blade models? Thanks for the update on this item.

I must have missed something. I thought the black blades were going to receive the Walter Birdsong treatment? Just curious (it doesn't affect me--I ordered the stone washed version).

Edit: I guess Birdsong is ahead of schedule on the black coating treatment. Good, I guess we stonewash fans are getting one more step closer to happiness.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by toothed (edited 01-26-2001).]

Black T models are here and all orders have been filled for those models (unless you ordered a stonewash one as well).

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com

Insert witty quip here

Hot Damn, Spark! It's on it's little way here. Just a few days of cross country travel. Now another reason to look out for those Brown trucks! Just can't wait!
biggrin.gif

Hank

Back