Steel strap buckles that are decent?

SwissHeritageCo

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I've been searching around in an attempt to source strap buckles that aren't made of solid brass, as for most projects I'm not trying to spend $4ish per buckle. What I can find is cheap chinese buckles for pennies that look horrible, but nothing in between. Did they just stop making the old school galvanized military strap buckles? Aluminum would work too.

Wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem. I know good hardware is always difficult to source but I figured for something as simple as strap buckles (3/4", 1", maybe even smaller) would have been locked up by a manufacturer or two. It's got me seriously considering sam browne studs.

If you have encountered a similar dilemna I would be very grateful to hear how you solved it!

Weaver carries plain stainless steel buckles in multiple sizes. I also checked Ohio Travel Bag and they have four pages of stainless buckles.

Weaver carries plain stainless steel buckles in multiple sizes. I also checked Ohio Travel Bag and they have four pages of stainless buckles.

I'm already seeing exact buckles from Ohio Travel Bag that I've paid 3-4x for at buckle guy. THANK YOU! Never heard of them before.

Back