• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Still no knife from Dale Chudzinski

I`m really sorry Mark.. I wrote in the email i sent him, that if he`d just contact you things would work out somehow..
Well.. Maybe he doesn`t want them to work out? Cause i know he got the email about you. Shameless is all i can say.
Sad and shameless.

And all he`d have to do, was to say that he couldn`t finish things, and refund money.
Really sad situation.

Yeah, you would think you would be seeing more people posting that they had received, or at least had heard when they would be receiving, knives from Dale.

It is strange that i`m the only one who`s received a knife from him lately.
Actually, it`s kinda beyond strange.
But, i guess, when people finally get their knife, they don`t feel the need to post anymore. I really hope more people get their knives, and that they post about it here. That`s the only way to figure out if Dale is getting back to normal or not.

I think if Dale cares at all about having a career making knives he is going to have get things together rather quickly. His reputation has taken a real hit, but I don't think the damage is irreparable yet.

I have heard nothing, after sending him a letter with a postpaid addressed envelope. I have not bugged him with phone calls or emails, figuring that if others were trying that tack, I might try another one. Alas, both seem equally ineffectual, although I applaud Aarya on his persistence, which bore results.

You sent him a real letter, and still he didn`t contact you?
Hmmmm... That`s not good at all. And i had real hopes for him getting things back together.
I guess i`ll take my final stand in this, right here and now.

While Dale makes fine knives, his way of doing business leaves alot to be desired.
If you want a knife, i suggest you find a different maker, as Dale doesn`t seem interested in making any more knives.
As always, i`m hoping that he`ll change his ways, but it seems that pigs will grow wings and learn to fly, sooner than Dale will learn to honor his reputation.

If you want a knife, i suggest you find a different maker, as Dale doesn`t seem interested in making any more knives.
As always, i`m hoping that he`ll change his ways, but it seems that pigs will grow wings and learn to fly, sooner than Dale will learn to honor his reputation.

Couldn't have put it any better myself.

Can anybody suggest a good maker for a Nessmuk-style knife? I'd still like one, and it looks like Dale is down for the count.

Can anybody suggest a good maker for a Nessmuk-style knife? I'd still like one, and it looks like Dale is down for the count.

gossman knives used to be razorback he can make you a very nice one no doubt

Yeah, i contacted Scott about making me a knife by my own design, simply because i`ve seen pics of the nessmuk-styled knives he makes.
And if i hadn`t ordered from Dale when i did, i`d have gone to Scott Gossman.
He (Scott) told me that he has quite a wait, but since Dale isn`t answering emails or anything, it`s doubtful that he`ll ever pop up again.
And from what i`ve read here and other places, Scott is nothing but an honest, hardworking guy.
Which is more than i can really say about Dale. Dale might be hardworking, but he`s not making knives, nor is he really honest. (Not in my mind anymore atleast. He makes good knives, but so does a gazillion others.)

To be honest, the knife i got from Dale, hasn`t been used at all.
There`s something about it that just.... Rubs me the wrong way.

So, emmacat: I`d agree with the other two before me. Go with Scott.

I still can't get him to send me a refund or my knife.

I'm hoping the New York State Attorney General's Office is going to get my money back for me.

There is a blacksmith that lives over the hill from me. I gave him my Chudzinski Nessmuk and asked him if he could make one like it. I'm going over to pick it up in about a week and will report back. He has about a 5 month backlog but if he can come close he might be an option if you wanted one really close to Dales.

We did a passaround of one of Scotts and it's a really nice blade too. Bigger wider than Dales but only slightly thicker. A great slicer just like Dales. Scott, as previously mentioned is a great guy to deal with and super nice.

Another person who makes thin Nessmuks is Kid Coteau

http://www.kidcouteau.com/knife_gallery.html

I don't think he has a pic of one on his site but there's a pic of one toward the end of the thread here posted by Swampman:

http://ramanon.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38454

Well I can be added to the list of people that Dale Chudzinski has apparently defrauded. I ordered a custom Nessmuk in October 2005 - paid in full. A couple of websites (not bladeforums) were very glowing in their portrayal of Dale. I felt comfortable paying in full based on those recommendations. Couldn't have been more wrong. Needless to say, there has been no knife, and not a single answered email or phone call since.

The more I see posts like the one above, the more I get the impression that Dale is no better than Allan Blade. As far as I am concerned there can be no worse thing to say about a maker than that.

Back