Story of the Smurf Slayer

I can't find word to say......
I'd like a brother who could share my story someday.
I'm hoping he is smiling down on us as we are all admiring his beautiful beat up knife.

When his kid grows up to need another knife, if wanted, I'd help out..... as I know alot of other makers here will.
I'm sorry for Everything. Very sad.

Thank you all. I had debated sharing anything at all beyond simply addressing where others had mentioned it in other subs. However, Kyle and I were joined at the hip about as much as a couple of brothers with their own lives could be, I guess. As such, my forum family here, by extension, was his family as well so I thought it appropriate - it was a bit cathartic to write it out anyway. A lot of Beckerheads knew Kyle and even Jared ( SpyderPhreak SpyderPhreak ) took us both fly fishing when we made a trip to Colorado a number of years ago.

Such good memories.

Very sorry for your loss, Dylan. Smoke and condolences sent to you and your family.

Dylan, I’m sorry to read this. My condolences go out to you and your family.

Thought I'd share some pictures from the past - help lighten things up a bit.

I believe these pics were from the same Gathering a couple of years ago. They highlight some of our favorite things - the woods, fire, meat over a fire, and good blades (you can even spy one of Bill's blades in the first pic). I'll see if I can dig up some more pictures to add.

1vgR82P.png

Kyle is on the left, the ogre on the right is me,

DuNShxa.png

Ale from curved horns and red meat on a spit with no hand sanitizer in sight. If I didn't know better I'd say y'all were having fun.

These are great pics, please share more when you feel up to it.

Back