Story Time

Dawkind

Platinum Member
Since I had my stash out I took a shot of the
knife that was the first one I got from the Carothers in Atlanta the first time we ever met and started this journey…

I had called and spoke to Nathan and asked if I could meet them at Blade, he said yes, but added his interests were machining and knives….good enough for me…we met up at the entrance, I ended up with what is one of the sharpest cutting tools extant, and a many year friendship.

These are a few real special pieces….all are absolute razors, especially the clips on those Fighters. :cool:

IMG_1010.jpegIMG_1009.jpegIMG_1011.jpegIMG_1012.jpeg
IMG_1014.jpegIMG_1013.jpeg

I'm pretty proud of my relatively modest assortment of CPKs but then I see collections posted by you and some others here and it's a good reminder for me to stay in my lane.

Kidding aside, those are some beautiful blades and some wonderful sentiments attached to them - thanks for sharing.

knife that was the first one I got from the Carothers in Atlanta the first time we ever met and started this journey…

I had called and spoke to Nathan and asked if I could meet them at Blade, he said yes, but added his interests were machining and knives….good enough for me…we met up at the entrance, I ended up with what is one of the sharpest cutting tools extant, and a many year friendship.

These are a few real special pieces….all are absolute razors, especially the clips on those Fighters. :cool:

View attachment 2423634View attachment 2423635View attachment 2423636View attachment 2423637
View attachment 2423638View attachment 2423643
I am EVEN MORE NOT JEALOUS!!! 😁😁😁

View attachment 2423634View attachment 2423635View attachment 2423636View attachment 2423637
View attachment 2423638View attachment 2423643
Some to treasure for sure! Thanks for sharing.

Great collection!

I do not know what that D2 knife is (skinner may be?) but it is just the right knife for me. Looks more utilitarian and cutting performance oriented that current "hard use tactical" line up. I hope the model get another run so I can get one. The design is well aligned with my priorities.

Awesome Dudley! His skinners remind me of a good hardwood-stocked and deep-blued firearm, they've got 'soul.' Great pieces.

Dave

I couldn't agree with you more, Dave. It's the same sentiment that sits with me whenever I see one. I hope to see one up close and personal one of these days.

Yeah that's pretty much my grail

Personal opinion, I think grail as a term in general gets used more loosely than it should these days. That being said, I think one would be hard pressed to find a more "grail-like" knife to strive for than that one.

Back