Streamlight "Stylus"

I know there was a thread on lights a while back. Today I picked up a red and a white "Stylus" LED light. The white takes 3 AAAA batteries and the red take 2.

These are the first LED lights that I have used and I am impressed with them. They are about the same thickness as a pen and are very light weight.

They are also surprisingly bright. The red light almost seems brighter than the white (which appears almost blueish).

The red is perfect for reading at night (while preserving night vision) and fits in a pen pocket.

I have heard that the LED lights do not use a lot of current and that the batteries last a long time (hundreds of hours). Can anyone comment on the average "run time" / battery life on these?

Thanks

Steve,
I saw these in the latest Cabelas catalog. The only thing I can see wrong with them is that they take AAAA batteries, which I have never heard of so finding them may be a problem.

I'm wondering about the batteries too. The AAAA batteries look like real skinny AAA batteries.

Lowes and Home Depot have a pretty good battery selection as does Target and Wal-Mart. I'm going to look around this weekend and will post if I find them.

Well now I'm going to have to go cut open a 9v battery. Great tip, thanks for the info.

The Stylus will not survive rough useage as well as the Photon or Sapphire. Had one in my jean back pocket and broke it when I squatted to pick up a tool. My sister loves her, but she only uses them to examine her patients.

Back