STRIDER BT Destruction Test Video completed.

thanks noss. despite the unsportsmanlike jabs that cold steel took at strider in the product info on their website, i still like to see the idols fall so i'm pushing for it. don't forget to regularly check the cutting ability like you did with the strider.

Oh sorry! I'll admit I didn't read all the posts. Evaluations are something of a business for me so I had to chime in. If anyone is ever interested in reality testing blades, i'd be happy to explain a valid method.:cool:
I'm pretty sure this has been covered already in this thread but...

Noss,

I enjoyed the test. In the video you say you'll get another next month and retest it. Are you still planning on that? If so, can you make it something with a different profile, say an MT. Thanks again for the infotainment.

I just looked at the Cold Steel GI Tanto It says on the web site " it’s ready to take all the abuse you and Mother Nature can dish out"

I will test this knife. It only retails for 29.99. The site says it will be available 3/1/07

Rock on. If I can ever scrape enough cash together, I'd love to make a couple out of S7 or 8670M and have one thrashed, just for comparison. BTW, I thoroughly enjoyed the bushman tests, so this should be good as well.

XMP: I will test another Strider but at a later date. I may do the MT to see how it will compare to the BT tanto point.

Me2: The Cold Steel GI Tanto should be interesting. I will duplicate what
I did with the Strider BT. We will see how it compares.

Awesome stuff dude. I am fascinated by your testing. I just bought a Buck Nighthawk for $40 bucks at WalMart. I would love to see how it would hold up to your punishment. This is informative and entertaining.:thumbup:

Captain Mark: I have a Buck Nighthawk as well. Since I have never used it I will
test it. actually I forgot I had one until the other day when I was looking for something. I was thinking of testing it. Since I now have a request. I will do so.

I will try and get to it this week. As well as the Glock field knife.

Wow, i've been waiting for something like this to come along. More extreme blade testing, not just in text form. I like seeing for myself what these things can take. Great job on these videos, and easy to navigate site. Keep it up!

P.S. If you are able to in the future, can you test some knives from Fallkniven?

Yeah, you were called a lot of things, and guess what, you deserve each and every one of them.

The name callers all lowered themselfs to the level of the names they used, I for one have a different oppinion of who is deserving.

Geez, I wonder what contribution you made?
Oh, I know, it's that people shouldn't take any sort of drugs,

What are you contributing, badwill.

I doubt that!! :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

I don't doubt it, it he listens to constructive suggestions and keeps refining things, There appears to be quite a bit of interest out there. I fact I think I will offer Noss a custom CPM 3V for his tests. EMAIL at leon.pugh@comcast.net me noss and we will get together on making you a test blade at no cost to you.

Grow up and get a life! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Pot calling the kettle black!

Leon

Wow, i've been waiting for something like this to come along. More extreme blade testing, not just in text form. I like seeing for myself what these things can take. Great job on these videos, and easy to navigate site. Keep it up!

P.S. If you are able to in the future, can you test some knives from Fallkniven?

Yes I'm going to test a Fallkniven A1

I just watched part 1 of your Strider BT test.

In this part of the test you cut a lot of cardboard and then chop some 4X4s
I believe the test shows the Strider to be a good sharp knife.
It seems to cut well out of the box, and it handled the 4X4 with no real trouble.

The test does point out what I think is a common problem with many knives that are made today.
The knife has that notch infront of the guard area.
This notch always is a problem when cutting things as cardboard because, as seen in the video test, the cardboard will always snag there and not allow the person to keep cutting.

This same notch appears on many knives we see around, and This video proves to me what an error this notch is in the design of any knife.

Allan Molstad: your 100 percent correct it does snag or hook what you are cutting.

Yes, so many knives that I see on-line or in the store have this same cutout notch that I think is a real design error.

I just dont see why people add this notch to their knives when anyone who tried to use the knife would see so darn clearly what a problem this notch is to cutting.

If this knife had not had that notch it would have been a dream to cut with.
You could have shaved the cardborad in thin strips and really seen what the edge out of the box could do.

But with that darn notch getting in the way, you always had to stop and start over again and again.

Im going to remember this test and show it to people when I see knives with this same notch.

Allan Molstad: The cold Steel Bushman does not have this notch so if you over shoot the edge it will just ride back to the edge and continue cutting.

Is that a commonly accepted definition in your field?

Yes, it is the basis for example of all statistical methods. You have to look at what you are trying to conclude before you can determine if the method is suitable. If for example the temperature influence on a set of data is a magnitude of ten smaller than the pressure influence then it is perfectly valid scientifically to measure the temperature with a lot less precision, or even ignore it in some cases. Again the method (ignoring a variable) is judged by what is being determined (the total influence of temp+pressure in this case).

-Cliff

If for example the temperature influence on a set of data is a magnitude of ten smaller than the pressure influence then it is perfectly valid scientifically to measure the temperature with a lot less precision, or even ignore it in some cases.

An interesting sentence, that went right over my head......

Bro, your tests are awesome. You seem like a real stand up blue collar guy, and frankly I think your testing is a breath of fresh air. Your doing things that I've wanted to do for years. Keep it up.

I can hardly wait to watch the Busse tests!!!!!!!

Back