Strider Trainer

The lads at Strider have released a new training knife via the good work at Blade-Tech / Tim Wegner.

The trainer is a well thought out format that one can work grip manipulations with, as well as train hard ref: disarms and take-aways.

A Strider-T is headed our way for a look-see. In the meantime you can order direct from Strider Knives.

Blade-Tech is branching out and doing some new and neat things. Expect some in-house knife designs from Tim (to include the Wegner MOUSE, originally produced for Tim by Spyderco) and a few other goodies in the works. Blade-Tech will continue its fine line of holsters, sheathes, and accessories, too. They just moved into a 10,000 foot facility in Tacoma and, according to Tim, are going great guns.

:eek:

Sierra912,

I just recieved two of Strider Trainers.

1 aluminum with cord wrap and 1 injected molded plastic.

I like the molded plastic for it shape and durability. Only problem is if you have big paws like mine the handle is a little thin. I fixed this little problem by wraping para cord around the handle. Also you can't beat the price $ 20.00 compared to the aluminum at $ 50.00 for those that are on a budget.

Brian

Heard from Mick tonight. The new and improved trainers will have the same thickness of handle as they do in the blade.

The paracord wrap to solve the problem if the thinner handle is irksome works way good, too.

And I agree. $20 for a sturdy trainer like this one is a very, very good investment.

Thanks for the post.:)

Are there pictures of these trainers any where on line?
Best regards,
Argyll

I've had a strider trainer for about three years now :D
I assumed that the new trainers would be the same as the one I've got, but they're actually significantly different. My one is a lighter grey colour, and the handle is actually wrapped in paracord like the real ones. Bought it for equivalent of $30.

I'll see if I can scan a picture of it. edit:** I've actually looked for it and I can't find it. Whenever it turns up I'll post a pic.

Back