SUBCOM Folder...on going review(s)...

The Hyper impresses me more and more as I use it! Great knife and a good compromise between a large and a small knife. Keep em coming Chad.

RKH

Mahalo RKH,

I am glad you are enjoying the HYPER...it is SO under estimated and does not get enough "air time". True, it was just featured in a Tactical Knives article, but still...I just don't hear enough about this one.:confused:

God bless and thank you!:cool:

Just got my subcom Folder camo. Feels great in my hand and quite sharp.
These are neat knives!
I am gonna get a RESCOM for a buddy and a SUBCOM FB for another buddy.

Mahalo EvanWilliams,

They are neat knives...and very functional for their size. Good choice on the Camo BTW!:thumbup:

God bless!:cool:

Your welcome Daywalker. BTW, Boker is doing a good job on the fit and finish on your designs. I really like a good strong ball detent on a liner lock/frame lock so the knife want open in my pocket. I would love a Wharncliffe on the Hyper. God Bless!

RKH

I'm a recent fan of the CLB boker plus knives. I have to admit, when I first saw them I wasn't sure what to make of them (thought they looked 'odd' & possibly uncomfortable). However, I kept reading rave reviews of them so I picked up a Subclaw & was very impressed by the ergonomics & how it felt in my hand. Then I got a Subcom for more everyday utility use & really love it. Now I recently got a Trance - that is one heck of a design, I've never seen such a relatively small & flat knife fit my hands so well & be so handy. Kudos to Chad - now I'm singing the praises of his designs to my knife buddies.

Your welcome Daywalker. BTW, Boker is doing a good job on the fit and finish on your designs. I really like a good strong ball detent on a liner lock/frame lock so the knife want open in my pocket. I would love a Wharncliffe on the Hyper. God Bless!

RKH

Aloha RKH,

I agree...the "end result" of things coming out of the Boker Plus line has been incredible. Er, and FWIW...

I too, would like a Wharnie blade on the HYPER...and TRANCE...and...:rolleyes:

God bless and mahalo!:cool:

I'm a recent fan of the CLB boker plus knives. I have to admit, when I first saw them I wasn't sure what to make of them (thought they looked 'odd' & possibly uncomfortable). However, I kept reading rave reviews of them so I picked up a Subclaw & was very impressed by the ergonomics & how it felt in my hand. Then I got a Subcom for more everyday utility use & really love it. Now I recently got a Trance - that is one heck of a design, I've never seen such a relatively small & flat knife fit my hands so well & be so handy. Kudos to Chad - now I'm singing the praises of his designs to my knife buddies.

Aloha shobumike88,

LOL...yeah, my designs usually get that reaction initially. Again I will use the comparison of when Glocks first entered the world of firearms...;)

Glad to hear you are enjoying the 'Claw, and the "Biscuit"...you should try out the WHARCOM for utility usage...there's just something about a straight edge in the realm of "utility".

The Trance...now that is one that I hope will be the equivalent for Boker as the Delica is for Spyderco. I hope Boker does another blade variant soon...I am "destroying" my Trances making them on my own!:eek:

God bless and thank you!:cool:

I just picked up a Subcom folder at a knife show. I have been into traditional-style knives lately and had given or traded away all of my one-handed folders. I later decided that it would be handy to have one around, and the Subcom caught my eye. It is comfortably hand-filling, but so compact that it is unnoticeable until you need it. If I removed the clip, I bet it would fit in my wallet!

I've only had it since yesterday, but I am very pleased with it so far; great fit and finish for its price.

Aloha (I really need to take my family to Hawaii one of these days & get to say that there!) Chad,

I agree w/ your comparison to Glocks - they may not always be the prettiest, but form follows function. I took your advice & got a Wharcom. I really like it, it slices like a demon, easy to hang onto, fits perfectly in my watch pockets & is easy to resharpen.

So... I'm a little confused. I've owned a Subcom for about a year now, but I still don't know what steel is used on it. It says AUS8 on the back, but people were saying 420J2.

Are these the same? If not, who is right? :(

Azraell,
Welcome to BF. The first batch that came out was 420J2, after that, they switched to AUS8. If it says AUS8, that is one of the newer ones, if it says stainles, and is marked Magnum, it is one of the original run.
Thanks, Terry

Azraell,
Welcome to BF. The first batch that came out was 420J2, after that, they switched to AUS8. If it says AUS8, that is one of the newer ones, if it says stainles, and is marked Magnum, it is one of the original run.
Thanks, Terry

I should have figured as much! Thank you.

Azraell,
Thanks, Terry

So are the newer one that have aus8 the ones that say plus? Is that what the plus means?

Are the newer aus8 versions any better ? Did they tweak it at all ?

And also is 420j2 any beter than aus8 just in general .Thanks.

Back