sunroof?

Great stuff! :thumbup:

IIRC, when Cliff Stamp used to 'test' knives this way, he used a framing hammer to baton the knife through the roof. Few knives besides a Busse or Swamp Rat survived the testing.

On knifemaker Bud Nealy's site is a story of someone cutting their way out of a car that had gone into a river:

"Blade Magazine-August 1998-Mike Haskew (quoting a knifemaker/ law enforcement official, trapped in a chase car in an icy river, whose name was withheld by request for security purposes)
• “Close to panic myself, I tried to get out – and here’s where my Bud Nealy 5-inch Kinzhal came into play. I was carrying it on the inside pocket of my jacket and used it as a can-opener…and managed to rip an opening in the van’s roof in the shape of a wedge big enough for my co-worker and me to get out and onto dry land. My hands were a mess of cuts and rips. As a knifemaker, I feel that the Kinzhal stood the ultimate test, as it saved my life that day. The money I laid out for it was the best money I ever spent.”

http://www.budnealyknifemaker.com/press.html

very cool story resinguy.

thank's jerry, i'm trying to line one up to cut in half!

Cutting my way out of a burning car is usually the best reason I can come up with for carrying a Busse.
And for buying them, I know a Busse can handle it.:thumbup:

Ogre,

You need to chill out. The next thing we know you will be getting a nose ring. Oh, wait.........

Good to meet you. See you next year. :D

Hi

My Name is David Brown :)
Were you at Blade ? ;)

Nice hanging with all of you.

Ok Ogre,,, while sittin in Jock & Jills trying to kill my liver friday night,,,, if someone would have told me,,,

"someone is going to take home a "Basic11" and cut a sunroof into a Jeep with it"

YOU would have been the first (and probably only) guy to come into my mind :thumbup::thumbup:

Great meeting you & hanging with you,,,keep on killin it!! :D:D,

Wade

will do brother, wade it was an awesome time there. jock ans jill's is a little fuzzy to me, but well worth it.:cool:

That is awesome and I think you should put it in the 'Busse & Jeeps' thread. If only I had titled it 'Busse vs. Jeeps' ;-p

Oger my friend, I believe you just secured a spot in the Hog Hall of Fame!:cool:

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

THats unbelievable:eek:

I can't wait to show the wife and her family. Hey! See, I told you all you from (OGER/my inlaws home town) were ....

crazy!:D;):D

Good on you brother. We'll be sitting on the porch in a rockin chair one day talking bought Oger. The man that cut a sunroof out with a Basic-11!:cool:

That knife when finished looks much better than I would expect a knife to after going through that torture.

Very nice pictures, thanks for sharing them.​

used to be - tackling a sign post was enough.

then all you had to do was chop through a rusty old chain.

but now, now you have to nearly cut a car in half.

man - the times, they are a changin'...

;)

Cutting my way out of a burning car is usually the best reason I can come up with for carrying a Busse.

This thread coupled with this quote justifies everything to my wallet... now my better half just needs to come around.

Back