Surefire G2 Nitrolon

Does anybody have one of these flashlights? I'm thinking about getting a flashlight to carry. Is this one too big? I know it's shorter than the E2, but it looks a lot fatter.

I have the OD green version. Great light! Don't know how it compares to the E2 though, but it weighs less than the M2. I'm waiting for the G2Z to come out.

All my G2's are longer then all my E2's and E2e's.

The length diffence is only about 5 mm.

The width difference of the E2e is significant when if comes to EDC.
The E2e Bezel is the same diameter as the G2 body, and the E2e body is thin. This makes the E2e almost invisible compared to the G2 in your trouser pocket.

I also can't wait until the G2Z is released!

When LOTCs are released in Nitrolon Yellow, I'll get some more G2-YL for leaving in useful places. Attach a lanyard with Glowring & Photon3 to it and you're covering pretty much all bases.

I EDC the E2e. Without a LOTC, I wouldn't consider carrying the G2.

Al

I've been thinking about getting a yellow G2 for intermittent use in when my ARC AAA LED Keychain Light, Petzl Tikka, CCrane Expedition or 4D Mag Light aren't bright enough (e.g., off trail route-finding, home/personal security, etc). Which SureFire would be best for that type of application?

What's the G2Z? What's a LOTC?

Well, I answered my own question regarding the Lock Out Tail Cap, but I still don't know what the G2Z is.

I want the 120 lumen lamp, so the 1" bezel lights are out.

The G2Z is a Nitrolon (like the G2 & 8NX) version of the Z2 CombatLight.

The G2Z has an adjustable CombatGrip, LOTC & AR coated Pyrex Lens with (Hex-style) Anti-roll Bezel as well as a Lanyard, making it one of the most feature-rich SureFires ever produced in terms of value for money.

I don't happen to know if there are any scans of the 2002 catalogue online, but I can email you a photo of what it should look like when it's released.

Al

No need to e-mail the scans--I can wait. I want 120 lumens and the LOTC. Depending on price, the G2 w/LOTC or G2Z might be the ticket. I like the lighter weight of the Nitrolon model(s) compared to the other 120 lumen lights.

Reports of Early Summer (Junish)
One Dealer says the G2Z will be about $65.

That's cheap enough to get several!

Al :D

Back