Survey For JK Knives

JK Knives

I want your opinions on neck knives. How many use them as neck knives? How many as pocket knives? I`m thinking of maybe doing some small, around 6" overall, versions of the Scout (maybe call it the "Cub Scout"), with thin handle slabs. Give me your thoughts.

i like to have both options, because around town, a neck knive probably isnt going to go over so well, but if i am outside and bundled up, i prefer the necker setup because when i am bundled up, it is usually difficult to get into my pocket. maybe, to give the option of both, for leather you could just put two holes at the top of the sheath so it can be used for either pocket or neck carry. and on kydex, just make two holes at the bottom for the same reason.

put i think, if i always had the choice between carrying it in my pocket or on my neck, it would usually end up in the pocket, although it would stilll probably see alot of neck time under certain circumstances.

I normally do my sheaths like that, but was wondering about the popularity of that style knife.

2mxrh43.jpg

John, I only have two neck knives right now, your Hikers Backup and a Gossman PSK. Both can be easily carried in the pocket, in their respective sheaths. In warmer weather, I carry them in my pocket, in this colder weather, I carry them around my neck. Easier to get to. I put square knot lanyards on both, they help my big paws grab onto the handles.

Good question JK. I like the versatility of carrying either neck or pocket.

I used to do a fair amount of Kayaking. I always had a neck knife, even if I had an arm pocket. I used to carry a folder with a clip attached to my paddling jacket, but on a particularly difficulty (and wet) passage I lost it. After that, I used a necker.

Some of the hiking pants I use don't have belt loops and so a traditional belt sheath is not possible. In those cases I prefer to have a neck sheath. (I suppose I could just get new pants.)

So the neck option is highly desirable for me. But It's also nice to be able to just slip a knife in a pocket as well. :thumbup:

(Hey, you should have made it a poll.)

I tend to carry my neck knives in my pocket for EDC. That said I will wear one around my neck around camp etc, but on the move, they go in my pocket or on my belt.

You have the only one, must be worth about $5000 now! :eek: I have sold two Scout Jr.`s, one in 1/8" and one in 3/16"

Must be. :D Its a great knife, but I can see the appeal to the Jr. Its more in the popular length category...;)

I think a "cub scout" is a really cool idea, especially with thin scales. I personally like the sheath set up you show. Only difference in a pocket or neck sheath is really just holes for cordage unless one is specifically a pocket sheath ex: a little wider to fill the bottom of the pocket. Personally I like being able to carry it either way, so the sheath you show here is perfect for that.

i'm a big fan of neck knives and EDC style fixed blades.... depending on what i'm doing, i either wear them around my neck or in my pocket.. i do like to have the option...

i would love to see some Jk neckers..:thumbup:

I also like to have the option of neck or pocket carry. Different situations call for different carry methods.

For me.... I just can't get into the idea of a neck knife. Then again, I'm not a necklace type guy. I'd MUCH rather have the knife in my pocket our on my belt.

I carry the LE backup you made me in my pocket. The neck, pocket sheath is perfect for this.
When I am at my place in PA, I tote it around my neck with a bit of rawhide lace.

One of the ideas I have been kicking around is getting you to make me one with a skeletal handle, and a kydex sheath, to make it flat and easier to carry around the neck.

Pocket for me. I'm considering wearing my Tin Knife around my neck to try it out, but I doubt I'd want anything much bigger dangling around my neck. That's just me so take it with a grain of salt.

I prefer pocket carry also. Something hanging around my neck just feels weird to me. Ideally i would like some type of pocket sheath with a clip of some sort to hold it in place. I think its important to be able to draw the knife with one hand.

Pocket carry for me. I prefer a blade about 23/4" long, 3/4 " tall, a 31/2" handle with thin scales, and a kydex sheath. I carry the knife handle-down in a front pocket with a fob attached from the sheath to my belt or a belt loop. When I need the knife I pull on the fob and pop the knife from the sheath, and the sheath hangs from the fob. I got this idea from one of Jackknife's threads.
cv

Back