Survival Books?

I am just now getting hooked on all of the survival stuff. I am interested in reading about it now. What books do you recommend?

Hi 8ball,,, Without a doubt get Greg Davenports "wilderness Survival"..I finished reading it a week ago. It is an outstanding opportunity to begin your survival research with the best available material. The book is easy to read and extremely cohesive in its subject matter. The information is presented in a fashion that will allow you to understand and practice the techniques you will need in the field. It is not just a bunch of unrelated survival facts. Greg doe s an excellent job of taking nothing for granted and always describes the techniques as they relate to the 5 survival essentials. For the beginner to intermediate " Wilderness Survival" is a spring board to get out and practice field proven techniques. For the advanced survivalist it is an invaluable reference source. Doctors, pharmacists, lawyers and all professionals have reference sources that the keep close by so consider this book the Physicians Desk Reference of survival guides. For the price of a few magazines you can obtain an excellent source of information. Go to Gregs web site and order the book, you won't regret it..Good luck,,Rob

8BALL: Welcome aboard to the world of survivalism!
smile.gif
There are a LOT of great sources like you are looking for. I strongly suggest you check your local libraries for many useful books. When you look for topics use:
Wilderness Survival
Survival After Plane/Boat Accidents/crashes.

Read through all the old posts on this board for a LOT of useful information.

You should find one if not two threads on survival books/manuals alone. I'll try to bring it back to the top for you as well!

Good luck!

------------------
Plainsman :)
primitiveguy@hotmail.com

You use what you have on you, then you improvise! :)

Back