survival/self denial/priorities

I've been kicking the idea around in my head
(so that's why my head hurts) about survival
and psychol. stresses that can be somewhat
simulated without the actual act.
What about your fav. food or desert, activity
place to go, tv show,or just tv, what are you addicted to?
FASTING!!!!!
Take whatever your fav. is and go without it
for two weeks. See what your body tells you.
What your attitude is.
The fasting thing can be done, but three days
will tell you alot about yourself. just drink
water. The reason for three days is that after three days your hunger pangs usually subside. I see someone saying but I have to
work hard and that isn't same as being out in
the wilderness.. The stress in a survival sit
will be harder on your body than digging ditches all day.
One last thought --- The things you usually
crave(favorite) ie. choc.or anything else is a sign that your usually allergic to it and it ain't doing your body any favors. Maybe
look at priorities of how essential some of
the things we do to our bodies are.
I don't think I started out to get this heavy
duty. anyway something to think about.
The main thing I wanted to say is deny yourself of some stuff once a month -- again
you can say hey I did this before I can do
without this and SURVIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
smile.gif

------------------
http://www.imt.net/~goshawk
Don't walk in tradition just because it feels good!!!!!
Romans 10:9,10
Hebrews 4:12-16
Psalm 91

Goshawk:
Where'd you hear that craving something is a sign you are allergic to it?

I'd agree that fasting for a few days will tell you a lot about yourself, and unless yer some kind of long-distance sports freak, it shouldn't have any impact on you. (Don't fast for three days, and decide to run a marathon on day two). I've done a few days, and frequently went a day or so without food in college, more because I forgot to eat than anything else...
smile.gif
Once I got back on a regular eating schedule, my stomach complains more when I skip meals...

Stryver

From several different allergists.
It isn't always something that you crave that
your allergic to, nor is it ALWAYS something
you really like. Just a good sign that you
may be.

------------------
http://www.imt.net/~goshawk
Don't walk in tradition just because it feels good!!!!!
Romans 10:9,10
Hebrews 4:12-16
Psalm 91

I've been watching the spare tire grow this past year and have started to do some things about it. One was drinking STRICTLY water! I have been doing this for about 3 weeks, but THEN last weekend I got a 2 lt bottle of Coke and drank it all! Your body doesn't like being without your favorite things.
smile.gif

The Coke tasted great, but I don't "crave" it anymore. Water is fine. I do make an occasional cup of decaffeinated tea and only have milk on cereal. I use to LIVE on MILK!

That is a good idea GOSHAWK!

------------------
Plainsman :)
primitiveguy@hotmail.com

You use what you have on you, then you improvise! :)

I did it once, fasted for five days. Would have lasted a little longer, but a trip to the wine country came up. My friends thought I was nuts. It really did help my mindset knowing I could survive on water and tea. And some vile colen-blow stuff I drank every morning, yech! When it was all over it did wonders for my attitude.

Pleconin

Last summer I fasted for five days just to see what it was like. Day three was the hardest as far as not giving into the desire to eat. Day five I started to feel a little rummy and having headachs. When I started the fast it wasnt pre determined to last five days. I just wanted to see how long I could go. I'm a field mechanic so my job is fairly active, up & down ladders and carrying tools & equipment. Anyway I bagged it at day five because I was flat running out of gas and it was effecting my job.
I'm glad I did it and certainly did learn alot.
Tim

Back