• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Survive! Deserves A Permanent Post In The Hall Of Shame

Ok I get it. You're a Super Mod. You get to attack people personally, but they better mind their manners if they respond. I don't want to get banned from here and something tells me you might have a quick trigger finger. Am I reading you right? I promise I'll straighten up and fly right.
EyM3yV-UcAQGb-u.jpg

Ok I get it. You're a Super Mod. You get to attack people personally, but they better mind their manners if they respond. I don't want to get banned from here and something tells me you might have a quick trigger finger. Am I reading you right? I promise I'll straighten up and fly right.
Wow, I know you're kicked from this thread, but you brought it on yourself. However, take this response with you. Blues Blues is the last guy to play that game. He will give a guy an entire shipyard full of rope before finally kicking the stool away, shaking his head the whole time. Now, Boru13 Boru13 on the other hand isn't a person so much as he is something that happens to you. An event, like unpaid back taxes coming due, or a hurricane, or getting attacked by a snow leopard. Dude will banhammer your face as soon as he gets a whiff of sass. He wakes up every day and chooses violence. Probably something to remember for your future participation activities before making assertions like this again. 🤷

Wow, I know you're kicked from this thread, but you brought it on yourself. However, take this response with you. Blues Blues is the last guy to play that game. He will give a guy an entire shipyard full of rope before finally kicking the stool away, shaking his head the whole time. Now, Boru13 Boru13 on the other hand isn't a person so much as he is something that happens to you. An event, like unpaid back taxes coming due, or a hurricane, or getting attacked by a snow leopard. Dude will banhammer your face as soon as he gets a whiff of sass. He wakes up every day and chooses violence. Probably something to remember for your future participation activities before making assertions like this again. 🤷
Appreciate the support, Quiet Quiet

Though he said he was "tapping out", I wouldn't have shown him the door if he hadn't decided to dump on Boru13 Boru13
That's a big nope.

It's just a thread ban...and probably better than he deserves under the circumstances.

............. awwwwww aren't you precious. Most here know you can have a disagreement with a Mod in relation to a subject......say your BS view of Perish! Knives and while you argue your point like and adult you will be OK. Call a the staff Nazis in relation to how they manage discourse here (vs arguing a point about a subject - some people can't get the nuance of that) you may be shown the door. Never seen too much quick on the trigger on this site.

Edit..... I saw your thread ban after posting that.....probably indicative of the level hand here vs many places.

FWIW, E El_Bribon reached out via PM to apologize for his behavior in the thread and did not ask to be let back in to post. He also stated his intention to reach out and apologize to Boru13 Boru13

I give him credit for that and hold no grudge.

I think the worst thing that can happen, from your perspective, is Survive manages to fulfill all of their orders either through refunds or delivery of the knives.
Nothing in their history of production has led us to believe that they will fulfill their orders in a timely manner. They had new orders from 2021, 2022 and 2023 that are far from fulfilled. Even if their ran their shop 24 hours a day, they are still behind due to the fact that they took too many orders. That's when they aren't waiting for heat treating, scales and sheaths.

2020: 27% orders outstanding
2021: 28% orders outstanding
2022: 60% orders outstanding
2023: 52% orders outstanding

That's over 1.5 years of knife production outstanding, not including their pre 2020 orders.

Oh you say you do but then you actively advocate for people to not purchase instock knives from them or from other sources where the knives are available for sale. You want this company to fail and close its doors. There's no other reason you would want people not to purchase instock knives from them.
According to one of your posts, you had to go through your credit card company to get your money back for a knife that didn't ship from them. Why would anyone else want to take a chance on buying an "in stock" knife that doesn't ship immediately?

After reading the comments and some reflection, I would like to apologize for the post. I put myself in someone's shoes who has been waiting years for their order and then sees a post like mine. I thought about how I would feel about it. Honestly, I posted it in good faith not intending to offend anyone, but now I see how and why it offended those here; it was an a$$hole move on my part. I am sorry.
Also, what happened to this sentiment from a few months ago?

Last edited:
FWIW, E El_Bribon reached out via PM to apologize for his behavior in the thread and did not ask to be let back in to post. He also stated his intention to reach out and apologize to Boru13 Boru13

I give him credit fosupermoderateorr that and hold no grudge.
As always, you prove why you are a supermoderateor here. I wish I had the ability to be as impartial as you, it's a rare quality.

Please excuse the typo ;)

So, what I'm taking from reading the apologists is something akin to the old saw which stated that Mussolini kept the trains running on time. (He actually didn't.)

But let's say he had. Would that be sufficient basis to overlook everything else about the man and the regime?

It matters not if Guy actually could make a good knife. A good knife received from a person of low character is hardly something worth cherishing.
Personally, I've purged my collection of any knives made by individuals I learned were disreputable, and either sold them at a loss or gave them away.

If a maker's having talent is a good enough reason to overlook character and integrity...well, you dwell in a different place from where I choose to live.

(But the fact remains that years of orders, and requests for refund, have gone unfulfilled...while other makers have worked with the same materials over the same period of time and successfully satisfied their customers and filled their orders.)
This. I don't understand why anyone wastes time with Shysters and Hucksters when there are plenty of makers who make quality products without ripping off their customers.

I give him credit for that and hold no grudge.
You and Boru13 always leave us enough slack to hang ourselves and are very fair. Bribon was just very dense about his posts, much less his support for Survive. Volunteer Knife is the polar opposite of Guys BS. No payment until photo is sent of finished product and you are happy. Payment is taken and knife is shipped out the next day. Super company with super knives at great prices.

I am not a knife snob, and in fact like some very inexpensive knives. However I want to feel good about what I carry and cannot fathom carrying a knife from Guy.

Any business model should take care of orders as they come in unless waiting for batches.

I am so happy with knives and makers from this site. I can’t understand folks defending zguy, or even wanting a blade from him at this point. Ex con conning and lying vs so many talented and honorable makers- easy choice for me.

On behalf of Boru13 Boru13 and myself, thanks for the kind words. You guys make it worth the effort.

This morning I received an email from Survive that they have put 5.1’s on the website. The people waiting years for a 3v 5.1 are once again pushed back while some random person could buy it and have it shortly.

This morning I received an email from Survive that they have put 5.1’s on the website. The people waiting years for a 3v 5.1 are once again pushed back while some random person could buy it and have it shortly.
if "heavysettactical" is really a new owner, it appears that he is not changing one S!Ks of the most odious business practices. why am i not surprised?

These MFs!!! Putting emails out for factory seconds on 5.1s in Magnacut or 3V. Its been almost 15 months since I gave them one too many benefits of the doubt and ordered a 3V 5.1. Its been over 3 months since I asked for a refund. Screen shot from an email today…

IMG_2788.png

And people are obviously still ordering from them because about 10 minutes ago you could still select magnacut from their order page and now you cant…

These MFs!!! Putting emails out for factory seconds on 5.1s in Magnacut or 3V. Its been almost 15 months since I gave them one too many benefits of the doubt and ordered a 3V 5.1. Its been over 3 months since I asked for a refund. Screen shot from an email today…

View attachment 2574571
5,871st verse, same as the first.

Back