Swiss Champ vs Cybertool L

Which is better?

• Swiss Champ!

• Cybertool L!

• I love them both and I refuse to choose!

Results are only viewable after voting.
They're both thick models and they both have a very similar set of tools.

Swiss Champ (image link)

Cybertool L (image link)

All of the back side tools are the same, and they both come with an ink pen and a mini screwdriver stored in the corkscrew.

The difference is that the Cybertool L comes with a 4mm bit driver and a set of bits stored in the same layer, while the Swiss Champ has the inline phillips and magnifying glass layer instead. The Swiss Champ also has the fish scaler, while the Cybertool L does not.

So it's a choice between either having the philips/magnifying glass layer and the fish scaler, or having a bit driver and a set of bits instead.

I don't use the fish scaler, and I think having a bit driver is better than having a single phillips screwdriver that can get worn with use and can't be replaced. I would miss the magnifying glass though.

Which would you choose if you could only have one?

I have a model with the magnifier. I believe it is a plastic lense.
You ain't missing anythin' without it.

A set of 10x; 20x; and 30x pocketable lupes with at least two lenses per lupe can be had for under $10.⁰⁰, AND you can actually see what you're trying to magnify.
Based on what you said, the Cyber Tool would be my suggestion.

The VIC "magnifier" ain't woth the plastic used to make it.

I admit I never tried lighting tinder with the Vic "magnifier" ... it might work for that ... but to be honest, I wouldn't hold my breath on that ...

I have a Swisschamp in my backpack at all times.
I bought a second one as a backup when it was on sale.

I like it. :)

I also use the magnifying glass quite often. It works good for seeing things such as small lettering on old coins and things of that nature.

The Cybertool would be my preference. Regarding the outermost bit in the bit driver tray -- is that a Reed & Prince?

A Cybertool would be better for my uses. I don't have either though. I already have a multi tool and a pistol on my belt so I don't know if I want to switch out the multi tool.

I have a model with the magnifier. I believe it is a plastic lense.
You ain't missing anythin' without it.

A set of 10x; 20x; and 30x pocketable lupes with at least two lenses per lupe can be had for under $10.⁰⁰, AND you can actually see what you're trying to magnify.
Based on what you said, the Cyber Tool would be my suggestion.

The VIC "magnifier" ain't woth the plastic used to make it.

I admit I never tried lighting tinder with the Vic "magnifier" ... it might work for that ... but to be honest, I wouldn't hold my breath on that ...
You'd certainly be hard pressed to get a tinder bundle smouldering with one, but it works a treat on char cloth.

Said it before, and I'll say it again, I'm an unabashed swisschamp fan. I'm sure the cyber tool would work just fine too, but if I need a bit driver I'm better off going straight to 1/4" which is handled by my old Leatherman tool adapter.

Edit to add: while I've not ever scaled a fish with the swisschamp, I do find having the small ruler handy on occasion, plus it makes a good probe. Not to mention, without it one couldn't play the ancient Australian/Irish game of slug flipping, as I learned from sonofwilfred sonofwilfred .

Back