T A Davison Knives Advice please - rarity and value

Status
Not open for further replies.

Every_Cloud

Platinum Member
I am still working my way through my late husband’s knife collections. I came across these two stunning knives. My husband had lots of different makes of knives, it’s clear that these are vert well made. I have done a Google search and Google Lense, have also looked through posts on this site. There’s a couple of web retailers pricing up these types for mega $$ but before I make an idiot of myself I thought I would ask your advice.

tempImageRu7OrR.jpg

T A Davison sells here - you could venture into the folding knives section of the Knifemakers' section of the Exchange and do a search for threads he's posted there. You may be able to find those specific knives (I remember seeing a listing of all his knives - maybe on his website).
I will say, without looking for those specific knives, that they are not inexpensive. Last I noticed, his listings were typically around $600 ea. That doesn't necessarily mean your knives will sell that high.

Last edited:
I was off looking for his ads - unfortunately, he's one that removes the prices...but you could always reach out to him

These are both pretty special, especially the multi-blade. Todd doesn’t make many multi-blade knives. The green jigged bone and arrowhead shield are also pretty great.
He’s been getting better and better and he numbers each knife he makes so the more recent the knife, the higher the value. Do you have any paperwork indicating what numbers these knives are?
I’d list the green bone one at ~$700 and wouldn’t let it go for less than $550.
The two blade I’d list at $1200-1500 but who knows… might have to come down to the ~$800 range.

My condolences for your loss, your husband had great taste.

Each one of T.A. Davison is numbered. When it’s made, he’ll list the number. That number is also stamped on the knife. You’ll have to open the blade and look on the liner for the stamp. That should make it easy to track the knife. His Instagram is “crazyknifeblade” His current pricing for a new knife is $700-$1000.
Depending on how fast you want to move the knives will dictate the price.

I’d guess, the single blade for $400-$600, the double blade for $800-$1100

The double-bladed knife is certainly the rarer of the two. As for prices, I can only guess, but T.A. himself told me that knives from him sell at a great price point, but on the secondary market, prices are typically lower. That said, I'd reach out for him and get his thoughts. He's always been very helpful to me and I would value his advice more than other advice.

Good advice here so far. Both of these are pretty special IMO, two-blade models from Todd don't come up often, and that is a trapper with a wharncliffe blade that may command even more of a premium. Even the single blade appears to be a gunstock pattern, which I haven't seen many of from Todd. The price ranges recommended here are reasonable. These knives are top quality, but may take a bit of patience to find the right buyer(s). I'd personally love to have that trapper but I couldn't offer you what I think it's worth :)

Thank you all for sharing information with me. I have looked in the liner to see if there is a number - there may be a number 72 on the green one but the dual blade I cannot see a number. I have uploaded photos on Twitter and followed Todd, am hoping he will see the post. I couldn't see how else to make contact with him unfortunately.

Good advice here so far. Both of these are pretty special IMO, two-blade models from Todd don't come up often, and that is a trapper with a wharncliffe blade that may command even more of a premium. Even the single blade appears to be a gunstock pattern, which I haven't seen many of from Todd. The price ranges recommended here are reasonable. These knives are top quality, but may take a bit of patience to find the right buyer(s). I'd personally love to have that trapper but I couldn't offer you what I think it's worth :)
Bless you thank you

Each one of T.A. Davison is numbered. When it’s made, he’ll list the number. That number is also stamped on the knife. You’ll have to open the blade and look on the liner for the stamp. That should make it easy to track the knife. His Instagram is “crazyknifeblade” His current pricing for a new knife is $700-$1000.
Depending on how fast you want to move the knives will dictate the price.

I’d guess, the single blade for $400-$600, the double blade for $800-$1100
Thanks I will look on instagram

Thank you all for sharing information with me. I have looked in the liner to see if there is a number - there may be a number 72 on the green one but the dual blade I cannot see a number. I have uploaded photos on Twitter and followed Todd, am hoping he will see the post. I couldn't see how else to make contact with him unfortunately.
I wouldn't be surprised if these were both in fact fairly early models, as Todd tends to do more his own thing in terms of patterns lately, whereas these are both very common traditional patterns (trapper and gunstock jack). Value could go either way, some folks (me included) might actually prefer the older patterns that are more traditional designs, whereas some might prefer the more recent knives that may be slightly better fit and finish as Todd's skill continues to improve, and in more unique configurations. But as mentioned, reach out to Todd and he should be able to fill you in. If you'd like to reach out to me via PM I'd be happy to share the last e-mail address I had for him (seems that address was still working as recently as 2021).

Thank you. I have had a look and can see some identical to the ones I have. I have found the part numbers. They were not easy to see.

Thank you. I have had a look and can see some identical to the ones I have. I have found the part numbers. They were not easy to see.
Feel free to post them for sale on bf once you have a price, I’d love to see if I might be able to nab one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back