T-Shirt Idea....

Originally posted by bloodyknuckles
And as far as the logo goes, it's hard to tell exactly what the logo is. Only people familiar with benchmade know it's a benchmade. I think it's distorted enough no to infringe on any copyrights. I'm not making money on this deal, so I hope they don't mind....
Better safe than sorry. Shouldn't take you but a few seconds with the copy tool to erase that. You're also forgetting that BM is the only manufacturer that consistently uses that specific hole patterns in the handles. That could put the logo issue up there if BM ever saw it, especially since you didn't ask for permission. My $0.02.

Oh yeah, make mine L.

OK...I think we have it. If the people who said 1-2 or 2-3 get the higher of the two, we have exactly 24. Otherwise, we have 22. So, I can put the order through today and they'll arrive in 2 weeks. Shipping is as you like it. I like Priority mail and that would be $3.50 (more for those of you in other countries, less if you don't want Priority). Shirts are still $12-$15 because I haven't gotten the quote back from the T-Shirt guy yet (I promise I'm not ripping you off) - XXL orderers will pay a few cents more for those sizes. Shirts will be 50/50 so they won't shrink. Black with white ink.

This is the final image:
t-shirt_final.gif

The white lines on the side of "balisong" are "[" and "]". If you have objections, I'll stick with:
t-shirt_01.gif

So on that note, you pick, #1 (with []) or #2 (without []). Majority rules.

Sorry to bog down with posts, but I was so dang excited that we had 24, that I forgot some stuff. I got rid of the butterfly, per requests. Also, the image of the knife is grainy and high contrast, so as to make it look "vintage" or something like that and so it'd be easier to print. So, with that said...let the voting begin. #1 or #2. For those ordering more than 1 shirt, your vote counts for as many as you order.

I vote for #1.

I vote #1.

Make it look like a entry in the dictionary, as in: Look up Balisong...

Good job Jeff.

I vote for #1 as well. Like Tony said, it makes it look like a dictionary term.

Great idea Knuckles!!

#1 looks good to me!

Maybe you could email Benchmade and include a link to this thread and ask them politely if we could use the butterfly logo on the shirt? Or, if that's too much trouble, it's fine without it (just slightly less cool looking IMHO).

OK. The deal is in. We have 24 according to my calculations. So if I get the order in today (which I will) it will be 10 days from today that I get the order back. Looks like the #1's have it!

So Here's the Pre-Order List.

If there's any discrepencies on the list, let me know as soon as possible so we can let the t-shirt guys know before it's printed.

I hope $13 + shipping is reasonable. If there are changes in pricing, I'll let you all know. If anything, it'll be less.

I'm set up for PayPal, but I have a personal account, so no Credit Cards. You can use orders@yuppietakeover.com for PayPal. But please wait until I get the shirts back before you send payment. And actually, XXL and XXXL are $2 more per shirt, but we'll let that slide.

...And actually, XXL and XXXL are $2 more per shirt, but we'll let that slide.

If you can get XXXL, I'll take one of those instead of a XXL. And I have no problem sending the $2... money very well spent!! :)

I vote for [number 1] :)

"Hunters seek what they [WANT].., Seekers hunt what they [NEED]"

I'll check with the guys to see if we can get an odd number of shirts. Otherwise, I'll have to wait until a dozen more people want shirts to order a second batch.

So Blasto wants XXXL and GTASteel wants 1 more in a small and Masse wants one too.

GTA and Masse: those extra two may have to wait until a second run if I can't order an odd number of shirts (not a multiple of 12)

GTA and Masse: those extra two may have to wait until a second run if I can't order an odd number of shirts (not a multiple of 12)

Let me know if its a problem, I may just extend my order so cover the differance and resell them at cost.

Back