Tai Pan 2018

Hey guys I thought I owned a cold steel Tai Pan but it turns out it’s called a Peace keeper. I really like the look of the blade of the Tai Pan san mai that’s being released this year and want to maybe purchase it though I’m just concerned about the tapered handle I’ve never really seen that design and maybe it’s not ergonomic? Just wandering if anyone owns one and is it a comfortable grip? Regards Hermit.

IMG_0675 - Copy.JPG IMG_0697 - Copy.JPG I have the early AUS8 model and it is comfortable and secure, I really don't really see a lot of difference(for me) in use than the Tanto's or even Outdoorsman. It is an attractive knife, couldn't afford the San Mai until now so I may pick one up.

View attachment 875665 View attachment 875666 I have the early AUS8 model and it is comfortable and secure, I really don't really see a lot of difference(for me) in use than the Tanto's or even Outdoorsman. It is an attractive knife, couldn't afford the San Mai until now so I may pick one up.
Beautiful daggers there! Are they Gerbers next to the tai pan? I just pre ordered the 2018 san mai tai pan made in Taiwan, that Seki made tai pan you have must be a collectors item now, the blade is wider then I expected what a beast!

Beautiful daggers there! Are they Gerbers next to the tai pan? I just pre ordered the 2018 san mai tai pan made in Taiwan, that Seki made tai pan you have must be a collectors item now, the blade is wider then I expected what a beast!

You are correct Gerber Mark I on top and Gerber Guardian II limited run of L6 tool steel. I didn't realize the size of the Taipan until I bought it and held it, hence the comparison picture. It is a beast! Pictures and your insights when you receive it, please.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the new San Mai Tai Pan in person. I remember how excited I was when they announced the 3V DLC Tai Pan. It looked absolutely beautiful in photos and was everything I thought it would be when it arrived. I imagine these new San Mai versions will be every bit as impressive!

Back