take down of ER knives

I just received my first ER knife {fulcrum II D}. Included were 2 wrenches. Is there a specific way to take down these knives and if done, does this void any warranty? I am accustomed to disassembling my CRK knives with a integral lock but I have never taken down a knife with a back lock. Any reccomendations?

it can be taken apart, just make sure you relieve the pressure on knife when you take out the back screw. That "tension bar" puts a lot of pressure on the back spacer piece.

Also, there is a little bar recessed inside the two slabs that runs through the backspring. Make sure you don't lose that piece. ;) :D

APerna,

The disassembly of the knife does not void the warranty. I will put together some photos of the disassembly/assembly procedures and post them here. But it is very simple. Stay tuned...it may take a couple of days.

Thanks...and enjoy your Fulcrum II D

Dear Frank,
Thanks for taking the time to get back to me. I'm quite impressed with the knife. I would expect with the right marketing this knife can be as popular as the CRK"s or Striders.

Thanks for you kind words. I, too, think these will be very successful and with the marketing/advertising coming in the next year I am quite confident they will be successful.
I hope you continue to enjoy your Fulcrum Folder!!

Frank,

I'm bumping this back to the top, it's been am month, I have the MPC coming and would like to see the pictures of the disassembly/assembly of same.

A pleasure talking with you yesterday sir

Brownie

I look forward to seeing the spring and the method of assembling the knife in regard to the spring.

Back