Taking Delivery from Dylan

prom52

Gold Member
My wife and I were traveling through the Atlanta area last week so we took advantage of the proximity to swing by the shop and pick up the Delta Recurve I snagged last week. It was a pleasure meeting Dylan and an awesome experience taking delivery in person.

IMG_7334_zps5hpt4nwt.jpg

Here is a close up of the new Shadetree Burlap Electric Plum. I really like how Dylan's use of the brass google eye pins accents the brass threads in the burlap:

WP_20150509_004_zpsofsz6od9.jpg

I'm looking forward to putting this baby to work, its quick in hand and wicked sharp:

WP_20150509_005_zps5vjfgo9w.jpg

A special thanks to Mistwalker for his advice on the benefits of using a recurve blade in the bush.....thanks Brian !

Very nice Peter, congrats on the awesome score! I saw the electric plum in person when I stopped by to see Dylan the Friday before last to pick up a couple myself. I am really diggin that color and the blade profile.

I'm also really liking the 24/7 I picked up for carry on my urban photo shoots. Dylan makes some fantastic knives.

DSC_8771full.jpg

DSC_8752.jpg

I also picked up another re-curve from Dylan I am loving in the woods, but I am a little biased on this one :)

DSC_7424.jpg

DSC_7532.jpg

Brian:

Those are both awesome blades. Good choice of liners.....they really pop !

I've been carrying my 24/7 with some para cord as a neck knife during day hikes locally. Light enough & sharp enough.

Peter

Brian:

Those are both awesome blades. Good choice of liners.....they really pop !

I've been carrying my 24/7 with some para cord as a neck knife during day hikes locally. Light enough & sharp enough.

Peter

Thanks. Yeah, I think it messed with Dylan's head when I told him I wanted something that popped lol.

That was exactly what I asked for with the 24/7 . Thin and light for neck carry if needed, but still comfortable in the hand. As usual Dylan nailed it. CPM 154, tapered and file-worked tang, and scales just thick enough to work his ergonomic magic on. Dylan is an artist in his own category. He gets my needs in an "iffy" urban environment better than anyone I have dealt with. Doing night photography in an urbanized environment, I end up wandering through some sketchy areas...

Peter, Nice snag on the Delta Recurve. It is going to a good home for sure.

That's a gorgeous knife, Electric Plum looks absolutely stunning with those brass pins. It's really cool that you got to meet the man himself as well!

It was great meeting Peter and his wife. Absolutely awesome people!

Back