Recommendation? Talk me down ! Want.. but should not buy .

I have to admit, when I first started watching the video I felt an urge to buy. My inner 12 year old badly wanted a knife that I could pretend was a raptor’s claw.

…but…imagine waking up and seeing that knife on the pillow next to you each morning for the rest of your life. My inner 12 year old ran away screaming.

Besides, after the Folding Smatchet, there’s the CRKT Provoke…

you already know what to do Doc. ya said it in your title....."want....but should not BUY"

pass on it. novelty will be gone quickly and your stuck with a knife that isnt good for anything really.

6NQIobh.jpeg

Sometimes the easiest way to talk ourselves out of buying a thing is by deciding that the people who own that thing just totally suck.

So Hi my name is John and I own three of these knives. Other hobbies and interests: fascism, collectible sneakers, light saber training, vintage hatwear, crystal healing, Tik Tok content creation, vegan cooking, giving relationship advice, and thorough tax audits.
So, you're in Congress?

I try to avoid buying just for novelty . But every time I see this thing ...I just want it pretty bad ! 😍

I'd most likely never carry it . But I would play around ! :cool:

Frame locks are not my most trusted , especially for a fighting knife .

Might be fine and safe ...or not ?

Not expensive , but not easily returned either . 🤷‍♂️
No personal offense because I really don't want you or anyone else (except my enemies) to buy this.

It belongs to tacticlol thread.
By buying this you get your virginity back.
Even mall ninjas will say that this is mall ninja.
This won't even do as a wall hanger.

Pro:
-Frame lock is reinforced by the user's grip, certainly better than a liner lock, less safe than a Tri-Ad, conventional lockback, or plunge lock.

Cons:
-Flipper that requires a forward grip to draw then a transition to reverse grip to make the pikal design applicable--should have been waved instead.
-Looks overpriced and tacky.

I’ve learned in this knife game if you are really zeroed in on a knife, hardly anything will stop you from getting it. Just get it over with and get it, then regret it later perhaps.

Here's another one , same kind of want / lust ...but shouldn't buy ! :oops:

Just cool and sexy looking , but false edge daggers are kind of a false promise . Not going to really function as a dagger should , IMO .

I did put in a low bid on the OP = TS348 . Didn't "win" , but very close .

My half -asset way of dealing with the issue ...without dealing with it ! 😜

Doesn't this knife look like Emerson Elvia? Not my cup of tea but I didn't remember people dump on that Emerson. Oh wait - this one is made in China.

If I really want a knife badly, I just buy it then try to sell some off to recoup some funds.

I'm confused and curious. In the pic, is the knife open, half-open, or what? In its pictured position it is a true double-edged blade, meaning that it will cut (you the owner) both ways.

The TS248 is one of Twosun's best models. I own three of them, my 21yo son has two (green and entropic), and my 15yo owns one as well (green). They were initially produced in 14C28N, but the newer runs are D2. Some examples have jimping on the ramp, others don't.

ts248x3-1200.jpg

Back