Talk me into (or out of) a Tanto blade!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:):):)......The Umnumzaan is just so quiet and smooth(after it's broken in of course) no one will know when you have it out.:rolleyes:
Glad you finally posted a pic of that gorgeous knife!!!!!!

:):):)......The Umnumzaan is just so quiet and smooth(after it's broken in of course) no one will know when you have it out.:rolleyes:
Glad you finally posted a pic of that gorgeous knife!!!!!!

And thanks again for your help with this Tanto decision my friend!

I have always been leery of the Umnumzaan Tanto out of concern over it being difficult to sharpen; knowing how to sharpen this blade the right way is the key as Glock Guy pointed out: "...Sharpening is NOT a problem. While it is a 2-step process (sharpen the point, then flip and sharpen the belly), the actual sharpening is pretty easy and straight forward. You are basically just sharpening 2 flat edges. Now I can see how people mess these up by trying to cheat and just lock the blade in and follow the edge, which destroys the transition line between the point and belly. However, if you do it correctly it's almost hard to mess it up..."

Reading this thread has changed my mind - now I want one! They are beautiful knives...

A bit late to the party, but you got me all pumped up so I ordered my first expensive, my CRK and my first tanto, all at the same time. Thx y'all

A bit late to the party, but you got me all pumped up so I ordered my first expensive, my CRK and my first tanto, all at the same time. Thx y'all
17 years is a bit more than a bit late!

Welcome to your new addiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back