Talk Me Into/Out of a Compact

Speaking of custom scales, and with the Compact being already a bit extra expensive, I went fully "what da heck" and slapped a pair of "rusted" titanium scales on. Don't have a standalone picture at hand, only these 2 paired with an OTF, but it is definitely one of my most carried Vics and so this is me talking you into getting a Compact :D

PnmS50E.jpg

vb4h4HZ.jpg

I carried a climber for a long time since I use a corkscrew off the job more than I do a Philips.
That's something I like about the MKM Campo. It has both a corkscrew and a Phillips along with an M390 main blade, serrated small blade, scissors, saw, etc. It's similar thickness to the Ranger, but a bit longer. Do any of the SAK have a serrated small blade? I don't recall seeing that. Of course, the Campo does give up the toothpick, carry hook and some other things.

53131215777_922736d505_k.jpg

53131232012_464ec312f4_k.jpg

53132035034_8691977917_k.jpg

Well, it's been a few weeks, what do you think Charlie?

To me, the Compact is just about perfect for pocket carry. I prefer a Phillips and reamer for back tools to the corkscrew & hook. I happened on a customized one here in the Knife Exchange with just those changes made awhile ago, and it is one of my most-carried SAKs.

Well, it's been a few weeks, what do you think Charlie?

To me, the Compact is just about perfect for pocket carry. I prefer a Phillips and reamer for back tools to the corkscrew & hook. I happened on a customized one here in the Knife Exchange with just those changes made awhile ago, and it is one of my most-carried SAKs.
Losing the hook for a phillips I would do in a heartbeat. But the corkscrew and mini screwdriver are staying or you and me are gonna get it on. :cool:

Back