Tent repair help

It’s a Gazelle Pop Up tent. I need to repair this but I’m not sure how. I would greatly appreciate any ideas

K40PFAA.jpg

if you take it to a shoe repair shop, they should be able to sew a patch of fabric or nylon webbing over the hole with their heavy duty sewing machines. You can get the nylon webbing from REI Coop or other camping store. Maybe fold the webbing around the hole to form a pocket for the tent pole end and then sew up the sides of the pocket.

Last edited:
Get an old seat-belt, or buy some "nylon webbing strap" on ebay. Open up and re-sow with nylon thread. When you cut the Nylon, make sure to melt the edges, with a lighter or similar.

Last edited:
Gorilla tape 🤔of course this is only a temporary fix. I wonder if you could use epoxy to glue The ripped section together, maybe that'll work. When my son was a boy we were going camping and the fiberglass rod snapped so we didn't go camping. It's hard to find a good tent these days.

Last edited:
Anyone with a heavy duty machine should be able to stitch in a patch of cordura, ideally a couple of layers. If you live near anywhere anyone sails, then there should be a sailmaker who can do it, similarly, parachute/hot air balloons, or even custom upholstery makers. You could also get some cordura yourself and hand stitch it, because the weave is pretty loose, it's not super difficult, just need a good thimble or a bit of leather to press the needle (bigger would be better in this case) If you do ask someone to do the work with a machine, make sure the tent is really clean, as any grit or dirt is really hard on sewing machines. You can also use wide webbing, but a wider patch will let you distribute the force more and reinforce the rest of that corner.

Gorilla tape 🤔of course this is only a temporary fix. I wonder if you could use epoxy to glue The ripped section together, maybe that'll work. When my son was a boy we were going camping and the fiberglass rod snapped so we didn't go camping. It's hard to find a good tent these days.
Outdoorgearlab.Com has tent ratings/ rankings/ reviews

Outdoorgearlab.Com has tent ratings/ rankings/ reviews
They also tend to look outside the big end of the market, and while they don't really cover the major cottage industry tent makers in the US, they do take the "major" end of that market as those companies grow, companies like TarpTent and Zpacks were on their radar quite some time ago. Plus they don't just do a "best/worst" but "why would you like this one" and "this one is cheaper, but here's why"

Back