Terrain

Flexxx

BANNED
Just wondering what kind of terrain you guys prefer?

Mountains
Desert
Plains
Swamp lands
Forest (woods)
Tundra

I live in utah and am surounded by mountains and absolutely love it...

I grew up camping in the SE Cali, AZ, and NM deserts and loved it. But now I prefer the forested land of my home state, WA. We got a coupla' mountains too, but everything I want to do seems to be uphill, I gettin' too old for that.

I'm a mountain boy, but if I had to choose another it would be the flattest woods in the world. Not sure where they are, but I want them flat.:D

Moose

Just wondering what kind of terrain you guys prefer?

Mountains
Desert
Plains
Swamp lands
Forest (woods)
Tundra

I live in utah and am surounded by mountains and absolutely love it...

I lived in Chino, Southern Cali for the first 10 years of my life. Some hills and flat areas with mountains way in the distance. Now I live in Central Utah by choice and love it here. We are talking valleys with meadows surrounded by mountains with forests/woods. Love the foot hills and mountains in my area.

Being in the NW I like it all! Desert forest mountains and grass lands suit me just fine.

Mountains and forests, but I grew up in N.D. and love the flat open plains.

I like my sweltering to chilly wet jungle-ly mountains here... till i have to start a fire that is... Anywhere I find myself is fun though.

ARMY brat here. Lived as far east as NJ to west as Kansas and north as PA to south as Texas. Must say PA and WV woodland hills are my favorites, but I do have a strong liking to the louisiana bayous. Never got to venture into them, but just driving past them... amazing.

I lived in Chino, Southern Cali for the first 10 years of my life. Some hills and flat areas with mountains way in the distance. Now I live in Central Utah by choice and love it here. We are talking valleys with meadows surrounded by mountains with forests/woods. Love the foot hills and mountains in my area.

those mountains were.. MT. Baldy :D:D

I live in somewhat (mole) hilly area lots of woods etc, I think I like me some hills but better then Oklahoma foliage.... or at least where I'm at its just to bland..

those mountains were.. MT. Baldy :D:D

I live in somewhat (mole) hilly area lots of woods etc, I think I like me some hills but better then Oklahoma foliage.... or at least where I'm at its just to bland..

Mount Baldy and Lake Arrow head were to the north of us. Loved camping and hiking in that area, but took for ever to get there. Especially for a little kid. LOL!! Now the foot hills and canyons are abotu 10 minutes away. Though I'd still love to visit down there again.

Hills sure do help..

I'm a mountain boy, but if I had to choose another it would be the flattest woods in the world. Not sure where they are, but I want them flat.:D

Stop over for dinner some week-end, I'll show them to ya'll . . . ;) :thumbup:
Merry Christmas,
Be safe.

Forests for me. I spend tons of time in them - especially fall / winter. Mature hardwoods forests are plain pretty.

20101117_ac_04.jpg

---

Beckerhead #42

Forests for me. I spend tons of time in them - especially fall / winter. Mature hardwoods forests are plain pretty.

20101117_ac_04.jpg

---

Beckerhead #42

mmm, i has a long bow. plus a quiver not unlike that one, but i for the life of me don't quite know how to wear it, and keep my arrows from falling out sometimes ;)

so, i shoot as you do. if i were to wear my quiver in that orientation, what is your workflow to get arrow from quiver to bow to hand to draw?

nice woods :)

I'm a fan of mountains and forests. We're about to move from Florida flatness to Kansas (a little less flatness, and less crowding=more forests), and I'm pretty excited about that. I'll take any terrain over Florida's.

I've been up around where Moosez location is, and it is beautiful. Down where I am looks similar just not as big of hills.

mmm, i has a long bow. plus a quiver not unlike that one, but i for the life of me don't quite know how to wear it, and keep my arrows from falling out sometimes ;)

so, i shoot as you do. if i were to wear my quiver in that orientation, what is your workflow to get arrow from quiver to bow to hand to draw?

nice woods :)

The quiver is kind of a cheapie hip quiver. Rather than wearing in my belt as intended, I wear it baldric style, I guess. That one is hanging from an old belt that seems not to fit my waist as it once did (must have shrunk or something). Anyway, the belt is cool because you can tighten it up if you want a higher carry (for going through brush or whatever).

To get one on the string is no big deal. Assuming I see game or something, I tend to keep my bow side toward the animal and my quiver side away (to hide the motion of drawing an arrow). I press the quiver up against my bod to keep it stationary, and pop an arrow out with my finger tips. From there, the arrow comes over my upper limb and down onto my finger (to keep it quiet) and from there to the shelf. Knock goes on the string and she's ready to fire.

Easy peasy!

---

Beckerhead #42

Back