Testing Banner Ads - it's not a bug, it's me screwing things up

There should be only 2 left that you are seeing. Of them, you'll probably only see the one at the very bottom of the page (in the footer, that rarely anyone even scrolls down to) when I'm done.

There should be only 2 left that you are seeing. Of them, you'll probably only see the one at the very bottom of the page (in the footer, that rarely anyone even scrolls down to) when I'm done.

I still see both the one after the first post on the page and the one at the very bottom of the page. Even if you rarely scroll all the way down, any ad has the potential of slowing the page load and exposure to malware.

So paying members went from "there won't be any ads" to "ther will only be 2"?

Three posts above yours

gads.pubmatic is slowing things down bigtime today...

these ads are slowing killing it for me... sure it's only 2, but it is two. This is how change happens.. slowly, like raising gas prices.. push to $4, then back to $3, then back up and people won't hate it as much.. well, I end up driving less and being picky as to where I gas up.

You've been back from SHOT, time to focus on your job here? Please? The bottom ad is slowing things down as it is trying to talk back and forth from your site here and theres..

The top ad, should be gone by now? The bottom ad I do see and notice site slow down.

I still see both the one after the first post on the page and the one at the very bottom of the page. Even if you rarely scroll all the way down, any ad has the potential of slowing the page load and exposure to malware.

I'm still seeing the same thing, Really?

these ads are slowing killing it for me... sure it's only 2, but it is two. This is how change happens.. slowly, like raising gas prices.. push to $4, then back to $3, then back up and people won't hate it as much.. well, I end up driving less and being picky as to where I gas up.
Yeah, change sucks. Sometimes we're forced to adjust to new situations that cause us to reevaluate how we perform operations and what it takes to do things. I really wish that gas was still a quarter a gallon and that fees all over didn't go up, but there's no use living in the past.

Unfortunately that means that we have to make choices that have no easy outcomes that makes everyone happy. You try to minimize the amount of inconvenience and do what's best for the greatest amount of people.

You've been back from SHOT, time to focus on your job here? Please? The bottom ad is slowing things down as it is trying to talk back and forth from your site here and theres..

The top ad, should be gone by now? The bottom ad I do see and notice site slow down.
Little less attitude, dude. This is one of a couple dozen issues that I'm working on and the last two ads are the most time consuming to resolve.

If you aren't happy with my progress speed, noted. I'm triaging where my attention goes and while the ads aren't 100% they have mostly been taken care of and will be resolved ASAP. I appreciate your support of the site. If my not getting this resolved fast enough is enough to make you renew your membership next year, so be it. In the meantime, you can avail yourself of other solutions if you find this temporary situation untenable, and I'll totally understand.

Was going to mention this but didn't want to be a pest. I had a page hang for 20-30 seconds trying to load ads, videos or whatever it was doing. With that being said, I have ran a music site for 10 years and while it is miniscule in comparison to BF, it can be a pain in the rear at times.

Dont know if this has been addressed yet but the tapatalk ad is dead. If I click the 'x' to close it nothing happens. If I click 'Install' (which I dont want to do) says file not found.

There is one bright side to these ads, it's not me having to try to fix them. Have fun, Spark.

Wrong thread for that and we're running the latest version of tapatalk so you might need to update your phone version

I suppose the ads slow it down a bit but what the heck - its worth it for now as I'm getting a kick out of all the moaning, groaning, whining, and itching that's going on. I don't know what some of you guys are going to do when it's ad free for paying members again - maybe go to Disney Land like the sports guys do after a Super Bowl or something.

I hate to be a complainer but paying for a membership on this site should definitely have enough value to where you don't have to see any ads. I can deal with the footer ad but the first ad under the first post is really distracting.

And here I thought the "after first post" ad was broken and not displaying right now...

Dont know if this has been addressed yet but the tapatalk ad is dead. If I click the 'x' to close it nothing happens. If I click 'Install' (which I dont want to do) says file not found.

There is one bright side to these ads, it's not me having to try to fix them. Have fun, Spark.

I have the same issue. I mainly access the site on an Ipad and have had the tapatalk stuff obscuring menus ever since the adds started. I don't use tapatalk and don't have it installed. The only forum site where the problem occurs is this one.

And here I thought the "after first post" ad was broken and not displaying right now...

Respectfully, I am still getting them. I don't know if we should be or not, but just in case you were looking for feedback I still get them. Strangely... not on every thread.

I can't tell if you are kidding or if you have just had enough of us!

Robert

Edit: I am getting them on all first posts, I didn't notice that Firefox was blocking the banner ads. A quick click to "allow" and there they are.

Last edited:

Honorable Dude,

As honorable Gold Class Members :) we're still getting ads after the first post on a thread page AND the one at the bottom of every page. Undoubtedly, these SLOW down page downloads (I can visibly see the ad lookups) as well as potential abuse by clicking (or not)!

So, pretty please with sugar on top, what do have to deal with as Gold+ members going forward?

Have you considered having a poll or conversation with paid membership holders about what some options are? E.g. see ads to increase the likelihood of the forum continuing operations, raising membership rates and leaving ads off for paid members, adding a "no ads" membership level, requiring all memberships to be paid, maintain the status quo (at what cost?), etc.

I would like to see no ads and am happy to understand what possible changes will keep the forum running with the least detrimental effects.

As of today (26 Jan)I am still getting the ad directly below the first post in a thread.

Back