Photos ? TG comparison pics?

Since most of the old pic links are dead, enquiring minds want to know.

How about pics of the TG against other similar sized blades? I never had a TG, and might be tempted. Would like to see pics including the FSH, SARSQuatch, Ratweiler, and ??.

Do you want pics of the TG-P as well? Because that thing is pretty massive. Not MOAB or BB13CG massive... but BIG! Eleven inches of SR-101, IIRC. Or maybe just 10".

Here is one I had in my old bucket. Photobucket can photo suck it!!! :mad:

IMG_2020.JPG

HTH Guy! :)

ETA: A couple others.

IMG_2021.JPG IMG_2022.JPG

The TG is a classic for sure and a great all arounder. That being said I greatly prefer the TGLB and as good as it is I would way rather have a Basic 8, Sarsquatch, SFNO or ASH-1 in .25 - .22 as a all around user.

Or does the Basic 8 LE do everything that an A2 TG TG can do?

If you have a b8 and you aren't wanting to duplicate blades, keep the b8 for sure.

The TG has a different tip shape...more spear point than the b8, and the b8 is FFG whereas the TG is saber.

For cutting, I feel the b8 is probably a better option in pure design for cutting.

The TG is more on the fighter side than it is the pure cutting tool side, but totally useful as a knife to cut as well.

It's really just a matter of opinion.

I have a BGTG, but my rodent 6, hollow regulator and 511 get belt time while my bgtg hangs out in my rifle case.

I have a B8LE and a BG Hell Razor, have often asked myself the same question.

Ref: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/b8-vs-tg-other-7-8-blades.1447026/

I've pretty much made up my mind to get the TGSE. Figure I need to get one in hand to know for sure and it will almost certainly be easy to sell if I decide it isn't for me.

My only worry is that a new Chopweiler might be right around the corner. If so, I'll have to scramble to sell some stuff and/or hide from my wife, because that is at the top of my wish list right now.

Well, you definitely need a B8 for sure!
I have a TGLB and still feel the need for a Basic 8, something about that Res-C I guess.
I just prefer coated, so I can etch and strip myself.
BTW, every HOG needs a TGLB!

Since most of the old pic links are dead, enquiring minds want to know.

How about pics of the TG against other similar sized blades? I never had a TG, and might be tempted. Would like to see pics including the FSH, SARSQuatch, Ratweiler, and ??.
If only there was some kind of a get together where you could try one :D
From what I remember, of all the TG varieties, I enjoyed the LB version the best.
But I will also say your EU Mr Mofo had all the things I liked about the tglb, well balanced, quick in hand

Do you want pics of the TG-P as well? Because that thing is pretty massive. Not MOAB or BB13CG massive... but BIG! Eleven inches of SR-101, IIRC. Or maybe just 10".

I already have 11", thanks!

Here's a couple old pics

View attachment 761189

TG14? Hate the wide ricasso and the wide flat above the primary grind. Looks cheap to me. YMMV.

TG? Love the fuller.

To me, the TG is not a fighter. A real fighter is a 10+" Bagwell Bowie.
The TG is the ultimate expression of the Ur US Combat Knife. A jack of all trades heavy duty utility knife that will never let you down. It will never break, never fail, capable of any task.

Have the B8 LE. Love it. It resides in my hunt pack.
Have the SQ.
Have the OG RW, new one on order.
Have an FSH.
Have the OG HHFSH. And the Easton Show variant. Love 'em.
Have an OG SFNO.

hmmm ... may have just talked myself out of this A2 TG.

But I will also say your EU Mr Mofo had all the things I liked about the tglb, well balanced, quick in hand

OK, now I have really talked myself out of this (as he hangs his head in shame for forgetting THE GRAIL)

If only there was some kind of a get together where you could try one :D
From what I remember, of all the TG varieties, I enjoyed the LB version the best.
Perhaps we can arrange some kind of aforementioned get together in the early November timeframe.

wish I'da never sold my TG crusader damnit, but the resale price was at a high and I needed the $ at the time :-\

Perhaps we can arrange some kind of aforementioned get together in the early November timeframe.
Perhaps it will be a bit chilly, but that's nothing a nice fire and a few frosty Bud's can't handle!
would be awesome! My work gets a little crazy though right at the beginning of November :(
As always we'll make it happen sometime!
Would be hard to top last year, but I'd give it a go

Back