Thank you Ray!

I contacted Ray a while back after seeing some of his work on the forum. I let him know that I was very interested in one of his knives, and to please let me know when one came up for sale.
A week or two later, Ray emailed me saying that he had a blast available. I said yes, it's mine-oh and by any chance, can you drill it for a left hand carry? His reply was yes, but that he would rather make me a lefty version. How cool is that?!?!

A short time later, he emailed me to say it's ready. I received it over the weekend and couldn't be more pleased with it. The workmanship and detail is amazing. Not only is this my first custom knife, but it's custom made for me! Now I want to get rid of all my other knives that I thought were so cool before.

I will have this knife for life.

Thanks again Ray, but you also kinda ruined things for me:)

Here are a few quick pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_2697.jpg
    IMG_2697.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_2698.jpg
    IMG_2698.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_2699.jpg
    IMG_2699.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_2701.jpg
    IMG_2701.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_2702.jpg
    IMG_2702.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 55
Totally awesome!!!

It is great when makers are willing to cater to lefties. Congrats on this great piece and Ray, you da man! :thumbup:

Thank you!

Thanks Skav for posting this. I'm glad you like it. I never made a left handed knife before this one. It wasn't as confusing as I thought it would be. It's alll the same as a right handed knife except backwards!

Thank you!

Thanks Skav for posting this. I'm glad you like it. I never made a left handed knife before this one. It wasn't as confusing as I thought it would be. It's alll the same as a right handed knife except backwards!

Ha! I get told at least once a day that I do things backwards. I usually try to blame it on someone else though.

Now about that Jasmine lefty...?

So very cool.

I'm not left-handed, but it's always nice to see a knifemaker be courteous to those who are. :D

Congrats skav!

I'm a lefty, but for whatever reason I just use right hand knives. Nice knife, I can't wait to receive mine.

Back