Thanks Ron for the help, here is my ghillie info

Gunner

BANNED
First of all I'd like to thank Ron Hood for helping me out so much. He is using one of my suits in his up coming tracking video, and he is the one that really helped me to get started. Thanks Ron I look forward to doing business with your.

My name is Geoff Mitchell, you may know me as Gunner on the bladeforum, BlackHawk on the knife forum, and the knifeman on Ron Hood's, Jeff Randall's and Newt Livesay's eze board. I am writing today to inform you about my new business. I am a new ghillie suit maker.

I make all my suits by hand and offer many suit types at a fraction of my competitors price. I make all my suits to your specifics. I use either a BDU set, pistol belt and harness for the chap set or a piece of canvas for the poncho's. I then either add net to the suit or just sew the burlap to the base material. Then I either tie the burlap onto the base or sew it on. Currently I sew the burlap on by hand but in time I will be using a sewing machine. I prefer to shred the burlap but will make a suit for you and leave the burlap solid if you prefer.
The BDU set and chaps set have burlap on the back only but for a bit more I can cover the entire suit or if you need the ghillie material on the front of the suit I will make your suit that way at no extra charge.
Current prices are as follows; Olive Drab BDU set which includes pants and a jacket and hood also there are thumb straps which ensure that the suit arms don't get twisted while you wear it and an hood adjustment strap ($500US); Poncho is 6x6 and includes thumb straps, hood, velcro closure sides, web belt on the inside to keep the suit tight and an hood adjustment strap ($300US) ; the chap set is like the BDU set but is all hooked to the pistol belt and has the same features as the BDU set ($400US). Both the BDU set and chaps set include pads for the knees chest and elbows. I am in hopes that as I get more effective at making the suits the price will drop.

All suits may be made with net fastened to the base then the burlap tied on or the burlap sewn onto the base. The advantages of net are ease of adding natural material and adding your own colors, disadvantage is that it tangles easier and is a little weaker than the sewn on to the base method. The advantages of sewn onto base suits are much stronger and easier to use, by that I mean not as much to worry about less snags. And as far as I am concerned there are no disadvantages.

The type of suit that I use is either the BDU's or chap set, because they are lighter, they have no burlap on the front so you can crawl tons easier, you can get at what ever you have on your belt a lot easier, and are much cooler than the poncho. If I had a choice I would actually chose the chap set, the ghillie base is hooked to the pistol belt with velcro or A.L.I.C.E. clips and can be ditched much easier in a hurry, which would be best for law enforcement or military personal. The poncho is better for people that want versatility, the poncho can be used as a ground sheet to hide gear, as a cover for yourself or as a blind.

I make winter, spring, summer and fall suits. The winter suit is all white; the spring suit is mostly light to medium green with a little bit of brown; the summer suit is a mixture some dark to light green and brown; the fall is mostly brown with some green and some highlight colors. All these suits colors can be changed to suit you more, these are just the ones I will be making on a general basis. If you need different colors just let me know when you order.

The waiting time right now is low. There is near to no wait on a poncho but the chaps and BDU's have a waiting period of one to two weeks currently due to the fact that I currently don't have much base material in stock and when you give me your size I order the BDU's and pistol belts from US CAV. The wait should go down as I get more base material in stock.

The chap set is pretty much one size fits all so as a rule I will have more of them in stock. I am in hopes to get my web site finished and up and running soon. It will include pictures and more info about my suits. !!!WARNING!!! These suits are very flammable so be careful don't smoke in them or be near any open flame. I will not take responsibility for damage done if suits are misused in any way. Be careful and use your head. The will be sprayed with flame retardant and waterproof spray but that doesn't make them fire proof. I look forward to working with all of you, if you want a suit contact me at ghillieguy@hotmail.com I hope to have a 800 number soon. Thanks. Geoff. And thanks again Ron.

[This message has been edited by Gunner (edited 02 December 1999).]

Geoff, do us a favor and get some pictures of your suits so we can see what they look like.

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com

Insert witty quip here

[This message has been edited by Spark (edited 01 December 1999).]

Gunner, Is there any particular reason you started a second Ghillie Suit thread in addition to your first one?

My eyes are getting older, I do not mean to be impolite, but paragraphs would help you get your point across.* After my eyes crossed the second time, I gave up.

Lastly, as you can see, you cannot hide from us, even with a Ghillie suit. WE DEMAND PICTURES!
smile.gif
smile.gif

*I should know, I tend to run off at the fingers..
wink.gif

Hope to start taking pictures tommorow. Very busy here christmas time so I dont have a ton of spair time. thanks.

Back