Thanks Stacy E. Apelt

I had the opportunity to go to the knife show in Harrisonburg, VA this past weekend (didn't think I'd make it) and met Mr. Apelt at his table. We talked knives and how lucrative the knife business is :)D) for a bit, he explained some of his beautiful work and I was reminded how much I don't know.

I proceeded to check out the show, resisting the urge to purchase a new knife, and came to the conclusion I should buy materials instead. Mr. Apelt had some Black Palm that really caught my eye. I picked my block and was ready to pay when he picked up another block of California Buckeye Burl and gave it to me N/C. I tried to pay him for it but he would not except it. So, thank you and I enjoyed talking to you, hope you had a good show. Walter

Thanks, Walter.
It was nice meeting you and if you have any finishing or other questions, please ask.

I had a great show.
If you remember the case of miniature swords and knives, it was completely emptied Sunday morning. I had been selling them well Friday and Saturday, and a dealer who collects my minis and sells other minis had been by several times to work on some group deal prices. He was coming back to work a final deal Sunday afternoon. When he came by at opening time Sunday to take a look again, he realized how many had sold. He pulled out his money roll and bought every one I had left. I think there were about a dozen. He said he has a show case in his collection just for my minis. In all I think I sold over 20 minis over the weekend.
I also sold about six hunters, a few fillet knives, two folders, and several of the higher end customs. A $9000 sale that was set up last year at $1000 a month was delivered, too.

I do a lot of "one year repair projects" for people I only meet at the show. Most have never met me before. Last year, a man dropped off a Civil war sword needing major repair, in trade for a large whales tooth he had. He picked it up right after opening Friday and was pleased. It always makes me happy when I see a customer's face light up when he sees how his job came out.

Back