The “Can’t leave anything alone” Thread

I like this little budget knife from Kizer's new Laconic line but the scale edges were a little crisp. So I fixed that. My work isn't perfect but now it feels sooo good in hand. :)

The lock-up was solid and the action was decent from the box, but now it is even better with Skiff bearings. 💜

RVZ8vIU.jpg

STlUyFX.jpg

kTrFg8d.jpg

7jvUIJQ.jpg

Been awhile!

New ano job, Skiff bearings, and Lynch NW deep carry clip for my titanium/3V Demko AD20.5. :D

TcwlvsA.jpg

MeUwhq9.jpg

New Micarta and G-Carta scales for my Spyderco K390 Wharncliffe Delica.

i7NfWUY.jpg

New Applied Weapons Tech aluminum scales, and Blades We Love blue anodized titanium for my MagnaCut Spyderco Native 5 Lightweight.

GVdgO1j.jpg

And some new covers for my 2020 BladeForums Viper. It's now sporting some 1970's Westinghouse butterscotch paper Micarta. :D

01LOlTZ.jpg

Spyderco Chaparral LW with some new custom scales from RC Bladeworks.

These are from an upcoming collaboration between the two of us. :)

This set was made from 1940's WW2 U.S. navy black rag phenolic, with a inlay made from a custom pressed phenolic consisting of black burlap, double burgundy canvas, and ivory linen (as well as a set of blue anodized hardware from BladeWeLove).

8zeKGxl.jpg

8DrHyhf.jpg

Last edited:
Been awhile!

New ano job, Skiff bearings, and Lynch NW deep carry clip for my titanium/3V Demko AD20.5. :D

TcwlvsA.jpg

MeUwhq9.jpg

New Micarta and G-Carta scales for my Spyderco K390 Wharncliffe Delica.

i7NfWUY.jpg

New Applied Weapons Tech aluminum scales, and Blades We Love blue anodized titanium for my MagnaCut Spyderco Native 5 Lightweight.

GVdgO1j.jpg

And some new covers for my 2020 BladeForums Viper. It's now sporting some 1970's Westinghouse butterscotch paper Micarta. :D

01LOlTZ.jpg
Hold up, you said new ano job on the Demko, but it that timascus? That's one bad mutha. I presume you mean you re-heat ano'd the timascus, or is it not timascus at all?

Dapped up my MagnaCut ZT 0450. :D

Suingab 3k carbon fiber contoured scale
xxxadrenalinxxx blue anodized titanium screws/pivot
MXG Gear blue anodized titanium standoffs
MXG Gear stonewash titanium clip
Skiff caged bearings

rDUyfKX.jpg

V5LahbK.jpg

rexsZGV.jpg
2ApNIOi.jpg

IMG_1966.jpegIMG_1967.jpegMy Southard. Contoured Red shred CF scale and collar, MXG deep carry clip, Taco bearings.

I’m currently searching for someone to do scales on my Sliverax. I’ve got a clip coming from LynchNW soon for it.

Back