Leather The “What’s going on in the S&F shop” thread!

Canada Goose

Canada Moose

Had to look that one up. 🤔

I understood that the logic of calling CANADA GOOSE - CANADA not CANADIAN - is that there are many species of geese in Canada and so any goose from Canada could be accurately called a Canadian goose, even a CANADA goose (if it just flew in from across the border). It would be a Canadian Canada goose. 👍Specifically the CANADA GOOSE is known by its Latin name throughout the world as BRANTA CANADENSIS, aka CANADA goose.

But then I wondered - is a Moose from Canada a Canadian Moose or a CANADA MOOSE? Well - come to find out there are 4 moose sub-species in North America and one of those is in fact known as a CANADA MOOSE. However, as I understand it, all of the 4 North American moose sub-species, namely: ALASKA YUKON, CANADA (Western & Eastern) and SHIRAS, range into Canada and parts of the US. So as with the geese - not all moose in the US are Canada moose, though some Moose in the US could be Canadian Canada Moose (if they came in on the same AIR CANADA flight as their geese brethren and are just visiting). ;)

Phew - back to our regularly scheduled program....

So today will be a shop cleanup day. Things are a little out of control and it’s making my OCD stress me out. Haha. Time to rectify that.

If I have a little time today, I’ll be reshaping a knife profile. It’s been a while, and I feel like I need to take a day to work on steel and give leatherwork a 24 hr break.

Have a great weekend!

Yesterday was a success!! I cleaned up my shop and my leather room and also got back to my roots for a day. Was fun, but I had to clean the shop again. Haha. Knocked this out yesterday and I am pleased. AEBL with an overall length of 7.25”. (Only thing I didn’t do was the grind and HT)

0347BFAD-D7C1-4757-A560-69FC12EF139A.jpeg02B4FC49-5E31-4372-B066-B61A2FE5DBBE.jpegEE93BADA-D0A3-429B-9CC6-E8C5AC89502A.jpeg
That being said, this morning I need to tackle paperwork. 😡 I dislike paperwork and have been letting it pile up for a few weeks now. I’ll knock that off right quick 🤞🏼 and get back to some leather working this afternoon! Woohoo!

A most excellent successful result. Very nicely done. Wow & Wow :cool:

Love the variety of everything you do, Coleman...you're very creative! Beautiful blade and scales as well! Glad to hear you're getting those chores knocked out, and getting back to the goods 👏.
Thank you gentlemen. Although it feels like a success…there was pain in getting there.

Turns out I slipped a disk in my lower back last weekend somehow…so this week has been pretty painful and walking around hunched over has given me a look into my future I may not wanted to have seen. 😂🤣

Hoping it clears up over the weekend…if not, I’ll have to go see a Dr. Gettin’ older sucks. Haha.

Thank you gentlemen. Although it feels like a success…there was pain in getting there.

Turns out I slipped a disk in my lower back last weekend somehow…so this week has been pretty painful and walking around hunched over has given me a look into my future I may not wanted to have seen. 😂🤣

Hoping it clears up over the weekend…if not, I’ll have to go see a Dr. Gettin’ older sucks. Haha.
Take care Sir, maybe your wife can help with a rub out🤔🙏 ps getting older does have its challenges but it’s not all bad🤫

Thank you all. My wife has some massage therapy background. Slipped disk coupled with my sciatic nerve being pinched, the massages helped a little but just created some bruising. Haha. Tit for tat.

It’s improved today from Monday…so fingers crossed. I won’t let it keep me down. 😁

I appreciate the well wishes.

Thank you all. My wife has some massage therapy background. Slipped disk coupled with my sciatic nerve being pinched, the massages helped a little but just created some bruising. Haha. Tit for tat.

It’s improved today from Monday…so fingers crossed. I won’t let it keep me down. 😁

I appreciate the well wishes.
Hope it improves and you have a restful weekend.

Back