The "Ask Nathan a question" thread

The Delta protocol leaves more Chromium free, so it is noticeably more resistant to corrosion than industry standard 3V.

I could've sworn Nathan said it's the same corrosion resistance as the past 3V he used before the D3V HT. I could be mistaken but I thought I read that because I was under the same impression you are. Hopefully I'm wrong.

MOS, you're both correct. Justin made the comparison against industry standard, not the previous tweak from Nathan. IIRC, the last tweak that produced the Delta protocol made gains in the edge stability only rather than other areas.

MOS, you're both correct. Justin made the comparison against industry standard, not the previous tweak from Nathan. IIRC, the last tweak that produced the Delta protocol made gains in the edge stability only rather than other areas.

Ah, thank you! I got some more 3V coming my way in the form of a DTK Honey Badger. Hopefully I'll get to compare them soon.

I could've sworn Nathan said it's the same corrosion resistance as the past 3V he used before the D3V HT. I could be mistaken but I thought I read that because I was under the same impression you are. Hopefully I'm wrong.

I think Nathan called his previous one Omega. What HK said is accurate.

Nathan,

Is the shiv going to make an appearance
Any time this year ? Also is it OK if I can
Get a proxy to get me either a shiv,LC
Or a survival knife ? Thanks for your time

Frank

Nathan,

Is the shiv going to make an appearance
Any time this year ? Also is it OK if I can
Get a proxy to get me either a shiv,LC
Or a survival knife ? Thanks for your time

Frank

I'll probably bring some 8" Shivs to the Blade Show in Atlanta in June.

Proxy is fine by me. About the only thing I take issue with is price gouging flippers, pretty much anything else I have no strong opinion. Obviously it would be nice if everyone could get their own stuff, but I understand that isn't always possible, and it's not my place to tell people what to do regardless.

I'm already making secret arrangements to buy half of what is on your table, behind your back, and sell them for HUUUUUUUGGGEEEEE markups at another table.

;)

I'm already making secret arrangements to buy half of what is on your table, behind your back, and sell them for HUUUUUUUGGGEEEEE markups at another table.

;)

make sure you get a shiv for me, been lusting after these for years :)

^ unrelated, but if anyone has any open orders with Matt you should try to take delivery before the show because he may go missing...

^ unrelated, but if anyone has any open orders with Matt you should try to take delivery before the show because he may go missing...

Matt's an "Artist" so he doesn't take orders, just goes wherever the wind blows him. :cool:

Love my Shiv, just wish I had a 3V one, oh and one of everything else you make. :D

I'll probably bring some 8" Shivs to the Blade Show in Atlanta in June.

Proxy is fine by me. About the only thing I take issue with is price gouging flippers, pretty much anything else I have no strong opinion. Obviously it would be nice if everyone could get their own stuff, but I understand that isn't always possible, and it's not my place to tell people what to do regardless.

Nathan,
Thanks for your timely response I doubt that I can
Make it to ATLANTA as june is a very busy and
Stressful month for me but if I see any up coming
Sales thread for any of the three the light chopper,
The shiv, or the survival knife I'll see if anyone is
interested and willing to be my proxy buyer as Im
Looking for something in the 6 to 10 inch range
As I have my bases covered on the smaller fixed
Blades with my custom gossman Polaris in S7
With a 5 inch blade and a gossman PSK in O1 with
a 3 inch blade so something in the 6 to 10 inch
Range in 3V has really gotten my attention but it seems
Like I'm always just minutes late and everything is
Sold out so my only hope is a proxy buyer that would be
Willing to help out a fellow blade enthusiast !
Again thanks for your time!

Frank

I can't believe you have a shiv and I don't...

I think it's the only custom I've bought outright. Had to have one. Of course I bought it before the Carothers were famous, I am not fast enough now!! :D

Wow Lorien, Matt zero Shivs.

Wish you guys had said something. I've recently sold 5. I'm down to my last one. Would have given you guys crazy Bro deals.

Can we expect your revist of the FK to be available sometime this year? Or later down the track?

Nathan,
The logos and maker's mark on the FK look different, etched in finer detail than the previous version (on my EDC, for example). Just curious if you changed something up, or its my imagination.

I have different depths on almost all my different FKs, EDC is super fine, one FK like that, while most are deeper.

Hi Nathan. I hope you (and Lorien) aren't tired of compliments on the LC. I received mine and love it. Very nice work!

My question is: is it stupid to heat up a LC with a hair dryer and put frog lube on it, and if not, would it be smart to remove the scales and put frog lube underneath them?

Back