The Atlas Lock

I consider this concern of the Tri-ad lock equivalent to warning someone that shooting too many rounds through their shotgun will wear the barrel too thin. Nobody, nobody has ever worn a triad lock down to that blue line, can't imagine how anyone could even if they tried. The most you will get from a completely worn to the max Tri-ad lock will be a little bit of up and down blade play, but they are never going to close on you.

If your blade did close on you, something else was going on.
I can actually imagine some avid shotgunner out there wearing their barrel too thin from firing buckshot everyday lol.

Agreed with the Triad. I don’t think the average Joe can wear it out.

Yeah, curious as well, as I have a 20.5 and a 20S and both are fantastic. Also had a 20 and it was great too.
Its junk, basically. Im on my third replacement spring (although i will admit i cheaped out and bought a china spring to replace the first broken one. Im now using an "official" replacement) whenever you even mildly bump the shark lock the blade drops 1/8 inch or so, and its easy to bump said lock due to the springs weak tension. If thats not clear i can try to take an extremely amature vid to show? Its not at all confidence inspiring on a knife from a designer known to make hard use knives (and all my other demko design knives are fantastic!!). I know its a sample of one, and a not overly expensive knife, but its been my single biggest dissapointment.

Back