The Best fake yet

I just watched this on my iPhone, so it's tough to tell, but this really looks like a real sebenza and someone is just screwing around. Will watch on computer later on to be sure.

It looks like the blade is the wrong profile. And it looks like the handles are spaced too far apart but I cant be sure.

Theres a hole on the lockbar that makes it an obvious fake to people who know sebenzas.
I hope knife people in the US dont buy these to see what a sebenza "feels" like.
If no one buys them then they stop making them.

Good tip on the hole in the lockbar, but still this thing is so close. Imagine telling them apart if they pick up on those very small errors.

it definitely has a few oversights. the stonewash seems darker to me, they stonewashed the spine, the assembly hole on the front scale is in the wrong place. etc.

could it fool someone familiar with sebenzas? nope. could it fool a noobie? i think so.

It's still clearly a fake, it just looks like a Sebenza. The clip is wrong, the blade is wrong, the lock bar has a detent hole and they are using the old style screws. There will probably be more one can highlight if they had it in hand. Nice try China but you're just not going to get there.......

That's why I did not make a full assumption. Watching a video on iPhone Is tough. I did notice the hole in the lockbar right away, but am able to not see much else until I get a full screen. I will say this a better fake than most I have seen. For those not in the know and not knife forum members, you can see how easy it would be to get suckered in though. Leave it to China to rip of yet another American idea.

Living off the backs of others and riding the coat tails is a way of life in China, it's not exactly a "free thought" nation though.......

It's still clearly a fake, it just looks like a Sebenza. The clip is wrong, the blade is wrong, the lock bar has a detent hole and they are using the old style screws. There will probably be more one can highlight if they had it in hand. Nice try China but you're just not going to get there.......

To us knife freaks sure, it is clearly a fake. But someone will buy it and try to impress their friend saying they have a CRK. And when their friend handles it and can tell it's crap, he will just say that it's way overpriced and never even think about buying one. It gives CR a very bad name

Yes, I am acutley aware of that, but there is really not much that can be done about it.

To us knife freaks sure, it is clearly a fake. But someone will buy it and try to impress their friend saying they have a CRK. And when their friend handles it and can tell it's crap, he will just say that it's way overpriced and never even think about buying one. It gives CR a very bad name

I am a bit surprised that it is legal to sell this knife in the US given the fact that (I would suspect) the CR logo is a clear copyright violation (isn't it?). Maybe it stands for 'Chinese Reproduction'? I understand that they can copy the pattern and design but putting Chris Reeve's logo on the knife is clearly fraudulent. Hopefully consumers in this country will balk at the idea of actually supporting this practice. In fact I would encourage everyone on this board to boycott ALL knives made in China until such time that they start showing a little more respect.

I see they spared no expense on the box it came in. Boycott chinese knives; I like the idea. In fact I've been doing that for years now.

I am a bit surprised that it is legal to sell this knife in the US given the fact that (I would suspect) the CR logo is a clear copyright violation (isn't it?). Maybe it stands for 'Chinese Reproduction'? I understand that they can copy the pattern and design but putting Chris Reeve's logo on the knife is clearly fraudulent. Hopefully consumers in this country will balk at the idea of actually supporting this practice. In fact I would encourage everyone on this board to boycott ALL knives made in China until such time that they start showing a little more respect.

Wouldn't it be better to boycott counterfeit knives instead of all chinese knives, it doesn't seem right to vilify all chinese knives just because they were made in china, like spyderco for example wouldn't deserve that, they make a good product in china, and so do many others. Besides counterfeits can be made anywhere, not just china.

There is an excellent chance it's the same people used by the US companies that are making the fake stuff.

Wouldn't it be better to boycott counterfeit knives instead of all chinese knives, it doesn't seem right to vilify all chinese knives just because they were made in china, like spyderco for example wouldn't deserve that, they make a good product in china, and so do many others. Besides counterfeits can be made anywhere, not just china.

Back