The Big Bad Mammoth Thread

Anyone EDC any of their mammoth CRKs? I spoke to a custom knifemaker who specializes in slipjoints and asked ordering a custom with mammoth bark scales and he agreed to make it but strongly advised against it, saying the material doesn't work well as a knife handle. Something about cracking over time related to moisture. They look so beautiful but I'm concerned about long-term durability.

I edc my small mammoth sebenza a couple times a week. I've only had it for about 9 months, but it holds up just fine. CRK does a special treatment to seal it, so I would not hesitate to get one.

Wow!

One measly mammoth Mnandi...

2005MammothBack_zps0fqlc0vz.jpg~original

2013HonduranRosewood3-WithMammoth_zpsz8pekxhd.jpg~original

Last edited:
I edc my small mammoth sebenza a couple times a week. I've only had it for about 9 months, but it holds up just fine. CRK does a special treatment to seal it, so I would not hesitate to get one.
Just want to mention that CRK has said in the past they don't specifically treat mammoth other than some wax, so I'd be careful.

That's a good point blanco. I should've mentioned that I always carry it in the sheath and apply nex wax with cleanings.

Back