The Burnley kwkn...

My Kwaiken arrived today and I am absolutely ecstatic about how great it is! Zero play, super smooth, and no fit and finish issues to speak of. If all PRC made knives were this great, people would be less weary of spending $100 on them. The AUS 8 steel really doesn't bother me either; it's a gentleman's knife, in my opinion, it just needs to be super sharp for food prep/envelope opening, and AUS 8 takes a killer edge. Given the grind/design of the knife, it really shouldn't be your go to knife for any serious tasks that require more edge retention or stability. The only real issue I have with the knife is that the thumb disc takes some getting used to, the cutout for it is not very pronounced.

I definitely wouldn't worry about this, one it's awesome!

Thanks man and Congratz! This folder is a sleeper. All this will change when the word gets out. ^
I'm really excited about this folder as I was one of the knuts who asked Luc to design a folding kwaiken.
Got a pic, Broh?
Rolf

I apologize that I only have my phone for a camera! The lighting is pretty awful so you'll have to make due, but I think it looks oddly appropriate on the ancient window ledge of my ancient house.

photobucket-45374-1353012865265.jpg

I'm going to try and make a video for it as well, unfortunately from my phone as well. I wish I had a better camera to do this knife justice!

[video=youtube;Wo9APxWeopo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo9APxWeopo&feature=plcp[/video]

The video isn't great but I hope it gives you an idea!

Well I got my Kwaiken today.

Overall I'm really really happy with it, in fact I love it.I've always been intrigued by this design, only the customs are so hard to find and quite expensive.So I'm so thankful for Boker and Luc for doing this collab.

The knife is nicely made, very good f&f.The light blast to the blade and liners is really clean and even and the Micarta is very good quality.love the worn in look to it.

The lock-up on mine is perfect, at about 40%.The blade was just a little off center, but not much.

Really my only gripe is that its very difficult to open due to the small finger cutout on the scales.You really can't get a good purchase on the thumb-disc without it being almost painful.Just a little bigger and you'd be good to go.

I am going to send her off to TuffThumbz and have him grind that finger choil down a little to make it easier to open, so thats not a big deal for me...but for some it will be.

This isn't really an indepth review, I'll leave that to Lycosa as his are really thorough and good.Just wanted to let y'all know how I feel.This is a great knife and although it might be a little overpriced its worth the $$ and I love it :)

440.jpg

441.jpg

442.jpg

446.jpg

443.jpg

445.jpg

444.jpg

Thanks man! ^
Your review will top mine any day! I'm really glad you like this folder!
No kwaiken for me until next week.

Update! I just got my Kwaiken Folder and without a doubt, this is now my favorite folder design.
Do NOT hesitate on getting this spectacular folder!
You've seen enough pix.
Rolf

More and more, this folder seems to fall into the "gentlemanly but badass" category.

It truly does and... is.^
No one mentioned the hidden blade stop pin. Too coo fo schoo. ;)

I just recieved mine today. The wait from when I ordered seemed so long. Never order a knife before a Holiday, it took forever. My take on this, 8/10, but that is because I did not pay attention to the fact it is not a flipper. I really need to slow down on purchases some times. I have a fixed Kwaiken, that I purchased from Lucas a few years ago. Like most I wish I could afford his custom folder. Now don't take me wrong, I am glad I have it, won't give it up. The blade is dead center, IKBS smooth, beautifully made and feels great. People do not miss the boat on this, well worth the money. Maybe I will see about having a piece attached to make it a flipper. I think I might drop Lucas a note.

Back