The comapny name means ???

What does "Round Eye Knife And Tool" mean, if anything? Or was it one of those things where you came up with REKAT first, and then made up the words to fit. There must be a story in there somewhere . . .

Bernie

I'm surprised no one replied to this one yet. Anyways, it's "Round Eye Knife And Tool". But what I want to know is where Round Eye came from.

Bob Taylor's post from May 9th says that he won't be able to monitor this place from May 10th to the 17th, so we'll have to wait patiently. I didn't see that post for a while, and couldn't understand why noone was responding! This has got to be the most basic question that could be asked here . . .

Bernie

I'll take a STAB at it (sorry, it's pretty late). From an oriental perspective a "round eye" is a person of European descent. Since so many knives are manufactured in Japan and Taiwan I'm guessing that this is an attempt to identify REKAT as an American company.

At least that's my story until Bob gets back to correct me.

Jack

You get the tongue in cheek award! Also some people consider it to be politically incorrect. That is another point for a true American.

Happy days,

ts

I may be wrong on this, but I always thought that "round eye" was a reference to J.R.R. Tolkien's Lord of the Rings trilogy. In the books, Sauron, the main bad guy, was never described except for one eye which searched for the ring...

I'm guessing this because of their hobbit line of knives, which is another reference to the books. I could be wrong though... I highly recommend the books and knives to everyone.

Tom Nelson

From what i know it goes back to Bob's design of the Hobbit Warrior. It involves the Al Mar Warrior.
Its just a guess though

i removed my post as not to offend anyone

[This message has been edited by XtremeCut (edited 17 May 1999).]

deleted by me as not to make anyone upset

[This message has been edited by XtremeCut (edited 17 May 1999).]

I will also delete mine. Rob

[This message has been edited by Rob Simonich (edited 17 May 1999).]

XtremeCut,

You have posted exactly 2 times on these forums (both times were double posts) and both times they were derogatory.

If you have a problem with REKAT or Bob Taylor you can e-mail him.

If you have something constructive to say about any issue in any of these forums,feel free to post. Otherwise, Shut the Hell up.

------------------
C.O.'s-"It takes balls to work behind the walls "

Guys, while I appreciate your efforts to be self-policing, please don't attack others in your efforts.

I've emailed XtremeCut, and explained what we expect here, that should be the end of it.

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com

Insert witty quip here

Bernie - It is my understanding that Bob has a fair amount of Native American "blood" as well and the "Round Eye" is somewhat of a sideways joke.
sal

I think the name has something to do with the Japanese failure to pay royalties on the Warrior design. Just my guess. Anyway, I like the name and the logo.

jc

Alright, all of this is hearsay. I (and probably many others) want to hear it straight from the horse's mouth. (Bob, I don't mean to call you a horse.
smile.gif
It's just a figure of speech!)

Bob, you can take this as a question, or as a dare to you to be totally honest. So what's with the company name? Or are some of us making something out of nothing?

Bernie

[This message has been edited by Bernie (edited 17 May 1999).]

To all
Yes the Round Eye does make referance to those of the occidential group AKA you white folks. Sal is right I am a mongrel on my fathers side I am second generation American (English) I can prove that as I make a killer Yorkshire Pudding and (yum) Steak and Kidney Pie.
My mothers side was waiting for the Mayflower, Matise Indian which is a bastard Tribe out of Canada which is French/Indian decent. Those who didn't flee Canada sort of got exterminated. The Matise are also known as the Arcadians or the currently Cajun talk about getting screwed over.
Now for the $60,000.00 dollar question am I a racist. I think in the history or our world three maybe four people were not (I am not one of those) I belive that racism comes in degrees im a 4 out of 10. With a 10 being Hitler. First how could I a hate Orentials and be a Buddhist (since 1972) last I looked it is a eastern religion.
Sal was also right that, it was ment as a Joke and yes I was mad at how myself and Randy Wanner were treated over the Warrior Knife issue.
All of that is now past history and we are working with Tawian to produce the Warrior Knife from the same factory that the AMK Warrior Knife came from, with some radical changes. I did ask Paul Lin if the name Round Eye Knife and Tool offended him. He replied "what do you think we call you people".
Those that know me, know I have a black sense of humor and don't take most the issues to seriously. Life is to short hope that puts this issue rest

Bob Taylor

------------------
Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints and escaping.

Welcome back! I have been enjoying teh Carnivour (Sp?) very much. I plan on a review shortly. You say that you are part Matise (Metis?). These are the people of the Riel Rebellion. There are a series of books by Peter Bowen, set in Eastern Montana ampng the Metis there. The hero of the books is Gabriel DuPre, a Metis fiddler, cattle inspector, and part-time detective. The stories are very gritty and very well done. The first is "Coyote Wind", and the next is "Specimin Song". I should think that you might enjoy them. I get funny looks on teh DC subway when I read them, because they have a kind of black humor and I start laughing out loud, which is a social no-no on the subway.

------------------
Walk in the Light,
Hugh

Back